Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 430051 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Looking forward to the pics.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
SAI block off plate from intregrated engineering fitted.

gearbox on.

lifting it in.

engine in!

removed the n112, n249, and a load of vacuum hosing, SAI stuff, etc

took a standard boost pipe and modified it. just cut it down and grinded a few bits off it.

refitted the forge tip and connected all the hoses up, used all new jcs hose clips.

wired in the qpeng loom and few other engine bay wires. got a few extras, for fan, and a couple others i dont know. also see the solid mount there. will interesting to see just how bad it is inside compared to standard mount.

wired in the boost control switch and shift light:

also plumbed in map sensor and bolted it under the intake manifold using the bolt and hole the n249/n112 bracket was held on with.

fitted the intercooler too. had to cut away pretty much all the plastic under the rad. a bit of grinding and cutting to get it fit nicely, then bolted it the steel thingy. then realised the bumper wont fit, so had to adjust that too :D wont be having a splitter now and im using my old smoothed bumper, but i like the way it looks. just gotta watch the cooler now. but it sits at a nice height and has got plenty of airflow now.

got a nice long list of things to do to get it OTR. so best crack on.

cheers :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Good progress.

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
 :cool:

IB4ISTHISNOTFINISHEDYET?

:grin:
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
It went from nothing, to almost done, in like...... 1 post out of 56 pages of posts!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
yep lol. blitzin it on saturday trying to get a lot done then. started on the boost piping last night and came across a bit of problem. the intercooler needed to be tilted down so the boost piping could fit as the front crossmember was in the way. should of seen this and really thought about it, but i rushed it cause i want to get it done. it will be fine i think, just the boost pipes might sit quite low....

if need be, i can get another intercooler at a later date, but for now it will do.

hopefully after this weekend i will have a much better idea of whether it will make it to ed38 or not. got long list of stuff that needs doing, but a lot of it is small bits and bobs.

cheers peeps :)

dubcheryl

Fair play to you mate, looks like its starting to really get going now, will hopefully see it for real some time soon :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Fair play to you mate, looks like its starting to really get going now, will hopefully see it for real some time soon :cool:

cheers :)

only recently started the engine conversion. most of the stuff before was refurbing, uprating and messing about. a lot of the time i was working on it, it wasnt very productive cause i didnt know what to do, so there was lots of thinking and questions to be answered.

once its done, i reckon i could convert a mk3 16v gti to a 20vt quite quick. would defo think about doing another.

boost piping is almost sorted now too. just need a reducer and a reducer elbow. using really cheap, sh!tty silicon hosing to join the rest of the pipes. only using it as it was free with the pipes, but will uprate it at a later date to proper SiliconHoses.com stuff (that is black not blue too).

hopefully get a load done on saturday and get update here on the weekend.

LL ;)

Offline funkyfive

• I live here
Looking awesome. You will have to give me some tips early next year when i start mine.

Offline DubFan

• I live here
Wow, some photographic proof of the progress.
Seriously though, I'm impressed. From where you started as a novice with a plain Mk3 to this, is good going.
Lets see if finished soon.