Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 432399 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Good progress.

cheers m8 :afro:

Looks good, i will have to keep on close on your project for tips and tricks!!

its been in progress for ages now, but its getting there. yeah, give me a shout if you go ahead with your 20vt conversion. if you need any help or any questions, please ask.

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
Looking good, keep it up!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
cheers mike

if the weekend wasnt going to be soo mental :D :D  i'd have the front end sorted, but will leave that til next week, really want to crack on with it before next weekend when the engine is going in, that way i can just throw the front end on and order the hoses that i need. once its all connected up and things work, i can tidy bits and bobs up, i.e. get rid of excess wiring, etc.

then will need someone to have a look at a couple bits to get it road worthy.

not long now! :)

Offline funkyfive

• I live here
Good progress.

cheers m8 :afro:

Looks good, i will have to keep on close on your project for tips and tricks!!

its been in progress for ages now, but its getting there. yeah, give me a shout if you go ahead with your 20vt conversion. if you need any help or any questions, please ask.

Yeah sure, the project will defo happen. Just out of interest how much as it cost you so far?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
did a bit last nite, wired in the loom and fitted the shift light where the clocks are and got the boost control switch on the dash, near the heater controls. got some pics, but cant upload them at work.

received my new front crossmember, as i butchered my old one trying to get the bushes out. so i wire brushed the new one and gave a few coats of hammerite and i have left that to dry overnight.

did a few other little bits like fitting the clutch cable, throttle cable, etc.

going to grab a new gearbox mount and new tie-rod ends from gsf today.

tomorrow is the big day. going to be spending an entire day on the car..... it time to fit the engine! yep, so hopefully i can get it in and get as much connecting/wiring done as possible. then from here i just need to sort out hoses, boost pipes, etc. hard part will be connecting it all up and figuring out which hose on the 20vt engine does what.

ohh and i will have help for the engine fitting, there is only so much you can do alone :D

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
Good luck LL  :wink:

When do you think you will hear it start?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
ohh and i will have help for the engine fitting, there is only so much you can do on low IQ

Fixed that for you.

Haven't you finished this yet?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Good luck LL  :wink:

When do you think you will hear it start?

cheers :)

within the next couple weeks, depending on how well tomorrow goes.....

ohh and i will have help for the engine fitting, there is only so much you can do on low IQ

Fixed that for you.

Haven't you finished this yet?

dont need a high IQ for car mechanics :lipsrsealed: if you need some i got enough to share :lipsrsealed:

:D :D :D

oh and no, its not finished yet :afro:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
need a new flywheel.

nuff said.

Offline axewielder

• I live here
  • 95 dragon 8v
good to see its still goin, cant resist a matt black gti man lookin nice, good luck with the rest of the install man.