Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 430008 times)

Offline ToRo

• I live here
  • Just because I won't - doesn't mean I can't.
Not been watching this, but the result atm looks fantastic Mr Cool J! Keep it up!

sharpie

am i the only one that wants to know what the doctors' diy secrets are?

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
Love LL as it's soooooo different  :cool:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
It has been matt blacked

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!  :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
cheers peeps :) thanks for the comments. really hope to get it running soon, just all the little things take a lot longer than i thought lol.

wiring is pretty much sorted. separated the 1.4 wiring into what i need and dont need. i am going to leave the "dont need wiring" in until its all running and all the lights work, horn, dash bits and bobs works, etc. once its all sorted, then i will cut out the wiring i dont need.

just need to find out which wires are the tacho, fuel pump and switch live. found the coolant temp sensor. then wire in the qpeng loom.

still need to source a set of 4 stud hubs :angry: must have contacted like 20 people by now, what a ball ache this part has been! ohh and yes, the scrappies are sh!t round here too! also need a cable shift mech. once i got these, then i can bolt it all back together.

only other pain to do is the front end, fitting rad and cooler on. but that shouldnt be too bad.

coming along though. just need to put a bit more time in and it should be on the road.

LL :)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
ok, havent really done much recently. going out too much! lol

started to build the rear beam back up, but need to retract the piston in the caliper some how so the caliper can fit on.... also the rear beam bushes are f***ing really hard to get back in! need to get a file/dremel on the beam so they can fit in!

16v fuel pump fitted.

front bumper is sorted with splitter and indicators.

jetex exhaust arrived, woop woop!

cable shift mech has come too, so will fit that next time im down at the garage.

done other random bits and bobs too, like fitting the pedal box back and loads of little random bits that have been a time consuming. a lot of figuring stuff out too - its a learning process for me as well as doing the project.

oh and i got a socket set too, finally :D :D :D

will get some pics up asap too :)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
Hhey mate cool project!

Can I ask where you got the 15 cans of paint from for that price?

Thanks  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 17:35 by Matty-MK3 »
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
What happened to exhausts that go straight down the car?

Haven't you finished this yet?

Are you running a knock-sensor on the engine management?  If not you're cooking up one of these
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI

started to build the rear beam back up, but need to retract the piston in the caliper some how so the caliper can fit on.... also the rear beam bushes are f***ing really hard to get back in! need to get a file/dremel on the beam so they can fit in!

Don't know if you've done this job now but this thread in VW Vortex helped me out massively when doing my rear bushes.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3242686