Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 433597 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LazyLunatic a.k.a. LL -> MK3 1.4 '96 Lovin' It!
« Reply #40 on: 10 May 2008, 23:35 »
kk, got my sound system all wired in. just running my alpine 6x9's in stealth shelf, schweet.
Sub box on the way, so all i need to do is connect sub and its done. got a 10" pioneer, pretty good, but only cost me £5! 1 of those good ebay deals where i was the only person to bid!

neway, alloys should be done next week some time, silver rim, black alloy, custom vw centre badges (gotta design these and make it 'em - easy cause i got the resources).

coilovers to come soon - promise!

ohh and wired in some new led bars under the seats to light footwells, looks phat!

Selling my lexus lights and seat covers on the ebay. Raising the funds; i think i got enough for coilies but i dnt wanna get 'em until i got a lot more money!!!!!!

LL ;)

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 12 May 2008, 01:56 »
Will look good with the Azevs and coilovers, looking forward to the pictures :afro:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #42 on: 12 May 2008, 11:28 »
Not far off our cruising sessions soon then LL? LOL!

Good to hear it's all going well. I can't wait for my BBSs to come! Car's gonna look so much better!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #43 on: 17 May 2008, 23:38 »
ok so now the forum is working, havent been able to get on here for like a week!

Update:
- Azevs are primed, going down shop 2moro to get them ready for paint.
- i have told myself i cant fit azevs unless i fit coilovers at same time. So i will have to do some selling - got a few bits lying around that i can make money on.
- new front door speakers - alpine custom fit SXE. Sound phat!
- sub box should be here early next week (delayed) and so should my new alpine headunit. I know, all this money and no coilovers; well i keep getting funds and then spending them on other car parts!!! :laugh:
- new mats are my next thought, after i have finished sound system/alloys/coilovers.
- got to do headlight tinting; the take them apart spray bits black and out back together thing.
- redone badge, red background, black vw bit, looks smart.
- de-wiper session - sporty look and i was bored.

Pics!!!!!!!! I gave it a clean - Gr8 Success! (borat voice :laugh: )

Then my sound system - looking to replace 6x9s with some alpine sxe to match front ones. So maybe soon i will have some alpine 6x9s for sale..... Probs get another alpine v12 too, to power sub. then my 4 channel (atm) can power the fronts and 6x9s.

Plenty more to come..........

Cheers all,

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #44 on: 18 May 2008, 00:00 »
Very nice and RED!  :grin:

Glad you're back on LL, I've been having withdrawal symptoms without you here haha!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #45 on: 18 May 2008, 01:00 »
my life has been empty without this site for a week!!!! :laugh:

i noticed that the red really is bright in some pics. using my 2M camera on phone, so thats why.

more plans:
- dtm/m3 color coded mirrors
- custom vw centre badges for alloys.
- color coded door handles?!?!?
- pressed plates.

None of the above is being done until, coilovers/alloys are on and sound system is done(ish). gotta set some rules so the important things get done. :)

LL ; )

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #46 on: 18 May 2008, 01:03 »
Yeah I know how you feel  :cry:

I'm going to colour code my door handles. Quick easy mod, and the rest of my car is colour coded so may as well.

I already done my main things (sound and 'loys lol!).  :tongue:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #47 on: 20 May 2008, 00:26 »
Schweet - In Phase 10" Sub Box came today, and expecting the headunit and extra phono cable to arrive 2moro.

Got the lexus lights up for sale and got more to sell - tyres, parcel shelf, Hella red rear lights, etc. So should get a good amount for them. Next time i'm near the bank im gunna put in some money too, so i can buy coilovers v. soon.

I know it has been asked many times, fit them myself?!?!?! I was gunna wait and fit new alloys etc all together. Then i can let the garage do it all. They can do it quicker, they know what theyre doing, etc, so maybe it is best that way. I will ask how much they will charge before though.

Yeah so alloys are ready for paint, coilovers are getting closer to being ordered and sound system should be done on thursday (although i need some better 6x9's - getting alpine matching front door speakers)

So heres some pics of then ready for paint. M8 primed them and i went down there and got them ready for paint. He uses a method called dusting. It is totally awesome and makes the final finish way better:

- He uses white primer for most things; it is high build type primer that can fill small imperfections and gives a btter finish to the paint.
- after theyre primed, a light dusting of black spray paint is added. This is used to assist with the sanding.
- now when your sanding, you sand until all the black dusting is gone. You need to get the primer right and get the dusting layer right or it wont work, so you need to know what your doing, but hes a pro! ;)

So heres some pics after many hours of finger bleeding work!!!!! :-

Next time the alloys will be all black and i will need to mask off the rim ready to be sprayed silver. Then after that, full laquer and done. That should leave me with enough time to order my coilovers!!!!

Still more to come>>>>>>>

Cheers all,

LL ;)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #48 on: 20 May 2008, 00:36 »
Looking good mate. Can't wait to see what it looks like with new wheels. New rims make the car have a completely different look.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #49 on: 20 May 2008, 01:27 »
Ohh and i think i fixed my oil light problem. The car had cut out a couple times over the last few weeks and i thought nothing of it, until recently when the oil light would flicker on and off like every 10 mins, so i thought something was wrong. Popped the hood, knowing already that my oil breather pipe was f***ed and yeah it really was. It had got bent so it had basically closed itself (like when you twist a garden hose and water doesnt come out). So i replaced the breather pipe with a longer red silicone one and feed it through a different path to minimise the bend. Worked so far and i can notice a slight change in the drive :grin:

Lovin' It!

LL ;)