Author Topic: 1996 MK3 ADY More help needed please!  (Read 4841 times)

Offline bobfrankish

• Not said much yet
1996 MK3 ADY More help needed please!
« on: 23 August 2020, 11:45 »
Problem I have with this 8V ADY engine is that I have been very lucky so far, owned the car for 12 years and had no reason to delve into the engine at all, so don't know that much about it. Fitted new coil and distributor Hall sensor, car was running beautifully. Decided to take it for a run yesterday, did about 30 miles no problem, then misfire, cutout, no start, flattened battery, RAC attended after about 2 hours, put jump pack on, car started first time and got me home. RAC man noticed that air was being sucked in on the inlet from what I think is a check valve in the pipe connecting the inlet manifold to the brake servo. There are 2 small bore pipe unions on this valve that have nothing connected to them, and to my knowledge never have had. Both of these are definitely sucking air. Can anyone clarify anything to do with this. I know this is nothing to do with the cutting out problem, but I could do with knowing how things should be. Also, there are threads out there saying that if the battery has been disconnected, ECU has to be re-programmed, is that true?