Author Topic: Guy's mk1 Rivage  (Read 104847 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Guy's mk1 Rivage
« Reply #220 on: 25 March 2011, 10:15 »
and the springs ?

it appears we are dealing with a bunch of numpties who have assured me that the correct spring they have is the correct measurement... thing they didn't realise is that the spring they measured and photo'd was a different serial number from the one we were sent  :rolleyes:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #221 on: 25 March 2011, 10:27 »
and the springs ?

it appears we are dealing with a bunch of numpties who have assured me that the correct spring they have is the correct measurement... thing they didn't realise is that the spring they measured and photo'd was a different serial number from the one we were sent  :rolleyes:

Really!?... what a bunch of *****.  So what are they going to do about it?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #222 on: 25 March 2011, 10:33 »
and the springs ?

They are getting back to apex... its like friggin chinese whispers... took me pointing it out to them for them to realise... its like comparing apples with springs  :laugh:

I am also HATING the fact that they call me 'mate' about 50 times a minute on the phone  :grin: If you do this, don't do this.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #223 on: 25 March 2011, 10:49 »
and the springs ?

They are getting back to apex... its like friggin chinese whispers... took me pointing it out to them for them to realise... its like comparing apples with springs  :laugh:

I am also HATING the fact that they call me 'mate' about 50 times a minute on the phone  :grin: If you do this, don't do this.

apparently the different spring is for 'photographic purposes only'  :rolleyes:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #224 on: 25 March 2011, 11:00 »

Sorry mate.... I only found what you were after by the product not the supplier, didn't think you'd get this sort of problem mate.  Well mate, I hope they sort it out quickly pal as I'm sure Chuff is keen to get this finished and move on mate, then you can get on with your gear linkages mate, wish you weren't so far away pal as I would come and help with it mate.  What's next on the list after that mate?  :lipsrsealed:  :grin:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #225 on: 25 March 2011, 16:26 »
Well after 3 hours on the phone, every possible measurement taken and the discovery of a VEry feint second part number it would seem the rear springs are the wrong ones - no sh!t Sherlock

And it gets worse - they think the front could be incorrectly labelled too  :shocked:

So a new set of springs should be with us tuesday  :undecided:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #226 on: 25 March 2011, 17:04 »
Well after 3 hours on the phone, every possible measurement taken and the discovery of a VEry feint second part number it would seem the rear springs are the wrong ones - no sh!t Sherlock

And it gets worse - they think the front could be incorrectly labelled too  :shocked:

So a new set of springs should be with us tuesday  :undecided:

Are they compensating you somehow?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #227 on: 25 March 2011, 20:17 »
That's fooking aweful.  :shocked:

As Dom says, I would ask to be compensated as I bet they don't offer.  Guy should challenge them by saying he has paid a professional for the labour so far and will cost more now due to time being wasted.  :smug:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #228 on: 25 March 2011, 20:28 »
Guy should challenge them by saying he has paid a professional for the labour so far and will cost more now due to time being wasted.  :smug:

Funny you should say that  :lipsrsealed: :laugh: as heis a CUSTOMER of mine.  :smug: but i cameclean today after they asked which garage to send the springs too  :grin: :laugh:

In fairness -APEX have been dicking them about - Euro have been great, listened to me a LOT, and only asked questions from the supplier.

After 9 pictures, and assoicated measurements it would seem we have 60mm rear springs which have a tighter wound spring hence not fitting the spring plates

Shame it took 3 days and god knows how many calls and emails.  springs would have been on by now otherwise  :rolleyes:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #229 on: 25 March 2011, 20:52 »
the part number we need  :cry: shame its on the wrong spring

the feint part number ( 10102 )

:angry: