Author Topic: Guy's mk1 Rivage  (Read 104849 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Guy's mk1 Rivage
« Reply #190 on: 23 March 2011, 18:55 »
Think how much more fun this experience has been as a result of all these challenges that you have overcome together.

I'm sure the pair of you have enjoyed how life affirming and enjoyable working together to solve problems like this has been.

Ahhh, f*ck it, I'm sure you're both royally f*cked off with the whole bloody affair.

Cars, eh?  Who'd have 'em?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #191 on: 23 March 2011, 19:00 »
hmmmm.... no... not royally fcuked off... although I am sure Chuff might say otherwise  :laugh:

I have certainly learnt so much from Chuff that there is no way I can look on this experience in any negative manner.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #192 on: 23 March 2011, 19:02 »
to be fair Thomas its been a pleasure to do,  :shocked:

despite 3 days not being able to keep owt inside me, 2 days not eating and not much sleep.  :sick: i felt ok for most of the day.

Guy has wanted to be 100% hands on - learning as we go, and most importantly today,  fetching and carrying like a good un to save me having to keep getting up.

The satisfaction he "seems" to be getting, espeically when summat goes well ( engine starting , front rebuild ) are worth all the effort.  :afro:

and yeah, Motorbikes are a Fcuking lot easier to work on :kiss:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #193 on: 23 March 2011, 19:04 »
I have certainly learnt so much from Chuff that there is no way I can look on this experience in any negative manner.

Anyway, enough about what the pair of you were doing away from the car.....
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #194 on: 23 March 2011, 21:32 »
Guy has wanted to be 100% hands on - learning as we go, and most importantly today,  fetching and carrying like a good un to save me having to keep getting up.

The satisfaction he "seems" to be IS getting, espeically when summat goes well ( engine starting , front rebuild ) are worth all the effort.  :afro:

I must say that Chuff is a VERY good teacher... he has the patience and the skill required to guide someone like me, who started off a few years ago not knowing what different parts of an engine were, to the point where I will happily get hands on and 'do the other side'.. I also know that he wouldn't let anything slip by without it being 100% correct.

He is a tad stronger than me though.. not sure I would have got those rear strut bolts off by myself  :shocked:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #195 on: 23 March 2011, 21:40 »
Very odd with the rear springs.  :undecided:

They are around the right length for a mk1 unless you have been supplied Scirocco springs.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #196 on: 23 March 2011, 21:56 »
i have fitted a fair few sets of lowering springs and have never seen a set so much shorter than OE though Wayne  :shocked:

Blokes at the shop saw all the piccies and were like  :huh: :undecided: thats not right . . .

Time will tell.

oh and guy - Pleasure :afro:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #197 on: 23 March 2011, 21:58 »
i have fitted a fair few sets of lowering springs and have never seen a set so much shorter than OE though Wayne  :shocked:

Very odd, I think cabrio rear oe springs are longer / stronger than mk1 hatch springs due to the weight of the hood.

Was the lowering kit for a mk1 hatch or cabrio.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #198 on: 23 March 2011, 22:00 »
 :grin: :laugh: they ASSURE me its a cabrio kit,  but  :lipsrsealed: they have taken , sorry I took, loads of measurements etc and piccies .

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #199 on: 23 March 2011, 22:03 »
Is it at all possible, I mean I know they are the wrong springs but is it possible that lowering "sports" springs could be a lot shorter but compress less, thus only lowering it 35mm?

Stiffer springs kinda thing?  :huh:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.