Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 148420 times)

Offline Jimp

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #200 on: 27 February 2011, 14:01 »
What kind of things did you cut out of the loom?
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline Dan34

• I live here
  • VTEC Powerzzzz
« Reply #201 on: 27 February 2011, 14:54 »
Good work! Your a brave man  :grin:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #202 on: 27 February 2011, 15:33 »
Just finished pepping the lighting loom.

How it came out the car:

And after:

and everything removed:

Thanks guys. Things that I've removed from the engine loom are all the lighting looms in the mk3 they are not separated, they are all run  out in one bung), positive and negative feeds. My battery is not going to be in the front any more so these feeds are now useless.
radiator fan loom (going to be making my own), aircon loom. alot of it I cant even tell you tbh, there is so much stuff that you just dont need in the mk2.

as for the lighting loom, ive removed positive and negative feeds again (ground will be made local and bolted to the inside of the chassis leg, light motor loom (yeah.. i know...) radiator positive (again running my own).

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #203 on: 02 March 2011, 11:10 »
bloody hell you're brave. fancy sorting mine out?  :kiss:

I can if you like dude. Wont charge much, although id have to charge as Ive got so much other stuff going on ive never got time haha..

Hoping by next weekend to have the loom extended and the engine back in for a test fire. It will then come back out to extend the lighting loom. Lots of things to buy and sort out first however

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #204 on: 04 March 2011, 11:17 »
Ah the memories....... been a while since I rewired mine and i'm still tweaking it here and there.. nice work... nothing better than tidy electrics!

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #205 on: 12 March 2011, 10:04 »
Hah. Its not a fun job i tell thee! Got most of the engine bay wiring down the leg now. i need to rebuild the front a little to see where i want the loom to come out the leg. That will probably be today i do that. Pretty close to trying to start it again, but i need all my batter relocation stuff first...

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #206 on: 20 March 2011, 19:38 »
A little more from today.

The engine wiring is now in place. It wont be put in its place 100% until I have all my sound deadening down as I need to cut the deadening round the looms. The lighting looms are also run down the legs also now. Will start trial fitting it and getting it wired and cleaned up with the front bumper and slam panel in possibly next weekend.

I started to remove all the factory wax like sound deadening from the floors ready for the first batch of superlite to be layed once the looms are finalised and tested.I hope to have all my battery relocation stuff soon so I can start getting onto testing. The last big push after testing is to get the scuttle panel out and have the spot welds, re-welded, rear wings cut/welded, remove the wax from the engine bay, and then paint it.

Progress? I'm not sure....

car looking sorry for its self:

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #207 on: 21 March 2011, 13:23 »
^ err...

all i can say is good luck and i hope i dont have EVER to strip that much out of my car. otherwise i'd be so daunted about putting it back together im sure i wouldnt bother  :lipsrsealed: im a bit jealous that you have the balls to do that much work  :laugh:

all in the name of progress!

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #208 on: 21 March 2011, 13:51 »
That is some serious dedication!  :cool:

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #209 on: 22 March 2011, 11:23 »
haha, I am at the stage where I wish I never started. But it will all be worth it in the end