Author Topic: Gonna take the plunge....  (Read 2594 times)

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
Gonna take the plunge....
« on: 20 October 2008, 20:06 »
or at least dip my toe to start with lol.

Im going to get out of the courier game and go back in time. I used to work for Autosmart and while there was fully trained as a valeter and I was an R+D technician developing new products and testing the competition. Im a bit out of touch with the whole amount of manufacturers now  but will be upto speed soon! So im gonna go back and do the course again and start detailing alongside selling products. I only have a limited range at the moment but have been working like a sod to get more suppliers onboard etc. Its a little difficult raising the money for some of the minimum order quantities  :shocked: :undecided:

If anyone knows of a lock-up with services to rent in Birmingham or Solihull give me a nudge  :cool:

Cheers

Dan

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
Re: Gonna take the plunge....
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2008, 20:18 »
Good on ya Dan!

Good luck mate  :wink:

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2008, 20:20 »
Cheers Greenouse  :smiley:

Only going to be me that stops it I suppose and courier work is dying on its arse!!!

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2008, 20:23 »
No fair play mate, will support you where I can (even if you bought my car  :grin: :wink:)

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2008, 20:28 »
You had a lucky escape there mate I did you a favour  :angry:

All is good now though a new engine in just looking out for some cheap G60 steels. Been waiting to get it mechanically right to hit it with a big detail!  :cool:

Offline oakgreengolf

• I live here
  • CAR FOR SALE PM FOR FURTHER INFO
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2008, 20:34 »
Good lick with your new venture... Ive been looking into this detailing and looks like a good thing. I just use a bucket and sponge at the moment but am looking to buy some other products to keep the car looking good. Have you any starter kits for novices like myself.

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2008, 20:35 »
Glad its sorted now though mate. Bring it over the Weston Performance on the 1st of Nov so I can have a nosey.

P.S. I'll stop spamming your thread now  :grin:

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 20 October 2008, 20:37 »
Glad its sorted now though mate. Bring it over the Weston Performance on the 1st of Nov so I can have a nosey.

Whats happening up there then? I thought they were mainly into Jap motors?

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2008, 20:41 »
Good lick with your new venture... Ive been looking into this detailing and looks like a good thing. I just use a bucket and sponge at the moment but am looking to buy some other products to keep the car looking good. Have you any starter kits for novices like myself.

I have washmitts, clay kits, GC wash and wax, Hot Rims and Collinite at the moment depends what level of cut you want for a polish but im sure something could be sorted. Have a look in the link under my sig I havent put it all in there yet but if there is stuff you want pm me and will knock a bit off because I will save on the eBay (robbing barstewards) fees  :wink:

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 October 2008, 20:49 »

Whats happening up there then? I thought they were mainly into Jap motors?

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=93884.0

R32OC RR Day being gate crashed by a few MK5 boys  :wink: