Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789591 times)

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #350 on: 24 January 2014, 10:32 »
Excellent work Michael, very interesting, and thanks for posting Andrew. I've slowly been trying to decipher the different 'Leuchte' numbers and this one I wasn't sure of, but now looks like Leuchte 27 is both the left and right boot lid LEDs.

Thanks for your work gents. If we could add this to the VCDS wiki, that would be great :) Michael is welcome to register!
« Last Edit: 24 January 2014, 15:25 by jivemonkey »
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #351 on: 24 January 2014, 10:50 »
You know i was only thinking about this the other day, it seemed strange to me that only the outside lit up under breaking whereas on Audi's or at least A4's it did the full cluster. Good find lads, im adding this to the list (plus the drl increase one)!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #352 on: 24 January 2014, 11:16 »
Michael very kindly PM'd me the details of this mod as well. Great work guys!  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #353 on: 24 January 2014, 11:35 »
so when we brake now only the high level and outside lights come on?? when using hill hold do all the lights come on??
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #354 on: 24 January 2014, 12:03 »
so when we brake now only the high level and outside lights come on?? when using hill hold do all the lights come on??

Yes, only the outer clusters are used for brake lights, the inners don't come on at all for brakes. When you are in hill/auto hold mode sitting at traffic lights, all your brake lights are on until you move off (and this mod will make your rear even brighter...)
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mihaelo1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #355 on: 24 January 2014, 12:05 »
so when we brake now only the high level and outside lights come on??

Also inside LEDs come on high level after recoding

when using hill hold do all the lights come on??

I didnt try that but i think yes.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #356 on: 24 January 2014, 12:12 »
Welcome Michael!

I noticed something odd, wondering if you noticed this or know of a way to stop it.

I have set my coming come lights to come on automatically when the driver door opens. This works fine. I have configured DRLs and Fogs to come on. This works. The odd thing happens when the coming home lights are on, you close the door, and then when you lock the car the inside red LEDs on the boot go off but the outside stay on!

What madness is this?!
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #357 on: 24 January 2014, 12:21 »
Mine does the same thing!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #358 on: 24 January 2014, 13:02 »
Yep mine to. Think the CH is coded to only work with the outer light clusters. It's probably another one of the hundred or so light settings in the Central electronics module adaptation channels.

I'll let you find that one  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #359 on: 24 January 2014, 13:33 »
Can the brake lights be coded off when the auto hold is on?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14