Author Topic: I'm new so please be nice :-) but i do have a problem.....  (Read 1167 times)

Offline James Q

• GTI forum regular
Re: I'm new so please be nice :-) but i do have a problem.....
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2011, 21:21 »
My car was only peaking at 12psi boost and holding around 10-11 PSI on a stage one. What spring you running? My AGU needed 4 shims and the green spring. May run well using yellow to be honest. When it was running just the green spring it sounded like an atmospheric DV nearly.

Not sure what its peeking at as im yet to fit my boost gauge but the car its self is completly standard only mod done is the 007p, which has the standard spring in it.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #11 on: 23 January 2011, 22:23 »
the AGU has a horribly designed vac hose that goes to the top of the DV. It's braided so you can't see how brittle/cracked the rubber is underneath. I'd be inspecting that first.

Offline bbewekim

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 23 January 2011, 22:40 »
the AGU has a horribly designed vac hose that goes to the top of the DV. It's braided so you can't see how brittle/cracked the rubber is underneath. I'd be inspecting that first.
good point, you may have snapped it when fitting the dv. Mine was like hard plastic rather than rubber. The same type hose is used on the FPR they both lead to the same place.

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 23 January 2011, 23:50 »
best to silicone the vac hose mate..

cost couple quid of ebay  :wink:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!

Offline James Q

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2011, 07:06 »

We replaced the vac hose when we changed the DV as it snapped in our hands, very brittle! Im hopping changing the other hoses will help, although i did take her for a 15 mile drive last night and she seemed ok?