Author Topic: wheel prices from the vw dealer ?  (Read 1848 times)

Offline goalie

• Not said much yet
wheel prices from the vw dealer ?
« on: 18 January 2004, 16:50 »
can I find out online the price of vw alloys from my local dealer ?   would save me popping in if I could find in on the tinternet  ;)

kniterider

Re:wheel prices from the vw dealer ?
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2004, 21:32 »
i dont think so the vw website is a bit confusing!!! you always get transfered to your loacal dealer but ive never seen any price lists (only for new/used cars) but they will have email adress so email em and ask for a price there normally quick to reply!!

;D

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2004, 22:50 »
I'm at my local dealership on Thursday for the Mk5 launch, if you haven't found the prices you're looking for, drop me the details and I'll ask the question for you.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline antgti

• Here all the time
  • 130PD Gti with Van aaken chip to 165 has now gone,
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2004, 00:29 »
are you gonna buy mk5 then, the new Tdi looks good on paper?????????/
Me old diesel was quick/........

16.004 sec Qtr mile @ 85mph 23/5/04 Santa Pod

Now running around in soon to be REVO'd Seat ibiza 1.8T 20v FR and missing the fuel economy..............

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 January 2004, 12:19 »
MY PD150 is on lease till end of this year, so will prob hang on for another diesel GTi, which are launched September/October time.

Rumors are that there will be a 170 bhp/300+lb ft 5 cylinder diesel, which, linked with the DSG box would make a damn fine car!

Offline antgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2004, 00:11 »
 you are spot on about the 170 bhp version. I have been told it will definately be out in this form but not dure about the DSG unit on this model.  I heard that their is gonna be a 200BHP diesel version of the new golf coming out but it will have to have 4 wheel drive.  This is in direct competition to the new Vectra 220Bhp twin turbo diesel coming out later in the year.

Thinking about VW are starting to get a little behind in the diesel market, or at least the golf is. The Polo is ment to be getting the 150 PD unit in it soon and will be badged the Gti. An Seat have announced that the Ibiza will be released with 160Bhp Cupra Diesel variant in April.  the Ibiza is a little smaller and lighter than the golf and that thing will fly.

Had a race today with a Pug 307 HDi 136, a tit from the local peugeot garage, he did'nt stand a chance off the lights, in fact i am loving it at the moment.  My car is plastered as i have'nt cleaned since 1st week in December, and my mates decided to scrawl in large letters DIESEL across the back, really is satisfying when you blow away a crappy yellow MGZTR or whatever they are called and they know you are in a diesel.....  I love it.

Now running around in soon to be REVO'd Seat ibiza 1.8T 20v FR and missing the fuel economy..............

Offline Nimrod

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2004, 06:37 »
I heard about the DSG uber-diesel as well in a motoring magazine.  It also said that VW are looking to stuff a 2.5 V6 diesel into the new golf at some stage, maybe that will be the 200bhp version.  I've still got two years in my PD 150's lease, when that new super diesel comes out it's going to kill me to have to wait ages to get it!! Drat!

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2004, 07:24 »
If you have two years left to run, I reckon you'll be spot on to have the pick of the super-diesels - If the GTi is launched at the Paris motor show in September, it probably won't be on sale until later that year, possibly even new year. They never launch with a full compliment of engines, so wll probably take anything from 6 months to a year before the full range is fully released.

I may even hang on to my PD until I know exactly what's being launched, and wait for the one I really want.

a 200bhp 2.5v6 diesel will be awesome. Once rolling, that will be R32 levelling performance, plus 45mpg!!!  ;D

Offline antgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2004, 00:22 »
i can't wait, diesel is the way t go, 200bhp, but imagine the torque, you're lookingat nearer 400lb ft torque, how quick will that be.  my mate had a test drive in the new Alfa 156 Diesel, this is 170bhp 2ov motor and he said that it was scarily quick, he said it felt quicker than the 147 GTa he already drives.  that is  bold statement but i can believe that. Imagine 10 yrs from now and all the kids will be driving around in Subaru Impreza diesels and the new Mitsi Lancer Evo diesel.