Author Topic: milltek, any good?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Starry

• GTI forum regular
  • http://planetweed.co.uk
milltek, any good?
« on: 13 January 2004, 16:50 »
ive just orderd a milltek cat back system and was wondering if any one had put one on there 1.8 gtiT. And how noisy it was and if it gave any more  performance. i will be running it along side a revo remap k&n and baily dv30.
thaks Starry. ;)
1.8T 200bhp/237lbft.r32 F/BUMPER/ MILLTEK TURBO BACK,WITH HI-FLOW CAT/REVO/BAILY DV30/FRONT MOUNT I/C

Offline GaryM

• GTI forum regular
  • Gary
Re:milltek, any good?
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2004, 17:17 »
I have one, its about the same at idle but is a little noisier under accelleration  :D
Im pretty sure performance increased when I had mine fitted - which was before my Revo.
Don't forget the other advantage - it looks great!!

2003 (53) GTI 180  | Custom Code Phase1 remap (JBS)  | Click for photo's and spec

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2004, 18:57 »
ive just orderd a milltek cat back system and was wondering if any one had put one on there 1.8 gtiT. And how noisy it was and if it gave any more  performance. i will be running it along side a revo remap k&n and baily dv30.
thaks Starry. ;)
Sounds exactly the same as the setup I've just ordered, only I'm going for the milltek downpipe/high flow sports cat aswell. I'll try and post some dyno charts of before/after when the car goes in for the work (mid Feb.)

ps. GaryM how much did the 4motion rear valance set you back ?
« Last Edit: 14 January 2004, 18:58 by tophuh »

Offline GaryM

• GTI forum regular
  • Gary
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2004, 21:00 »
4Mo rear valance's are around ?35+VAT

2003 (53) GTI 180  | Custom Code Phase1 remap (JBS)  | Click for photo's and spec