Author Topic: TP on Gamma - how do I turn it off!?!  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Doug W

• Not said much yet
TP on Gamma - how do I turn it off!?!
« on: 13 January 2004, 13:49 »
Hi - quick/stupid question. Seem to be able to get TP/traffic report on easily enough by mistake, but how do I turn the bloody thing off??  ???.

Seemed to have pressed everything, but with no luck...

Cheers

kniterider

Re:TP on Gamma - how do I turn it off!?!
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2004, 14:18 »
just looked through gamma hand book and it says you have to exit the tp menu completely so as not to recieve reports!!, but it dosent really explain how you do this!! ive never switched it on on mine all that is on is bootchanger all the time!!!if i suss out what it says ill post again!!! ???

Offline Nimrod

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2004, 06:26 »
To turn off the TP all you have to do is just press the FM button (or the AM button I guess).  As you've probably discovered, pressing the TP button a second time doesn't switch it off, which is a ridiculous design flaw.  Note that if you press the CD or Tape button, you will just activate that feature but traffic reports will still interrupt your listening pleasure so make sure you hit the FM button before going to CD if TP is on (assuming you don't want traffic reports).
« Last Edit: 14 January 2004, 06:29 by Nimrod »

Offline daz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2004, 19:41 »
try holding the tp button down for 3 secs

Offline Doug W

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2004, 17:57 »
Cheers guys - yep bad design. Think you've hit it on the nose nimrod - I solved it - in my own personalised manual it states "randomly hitting buttons with increased force until the tip of your finger bleeds to deactivate traffic reports"  ;D