Author Topic: front seat airbags.  (Read 1631 times)

Offline red16v

• Not said much yet
front seat airbags.
« on: 13 January 2004, 09:42 »
Does anyone know where the driver and passenger seat airbags are situated? My car has leather upholstery and there is a small 'badge' saying 'air bag' on the outer arm rests of both seats but it seems to me from the construction of the leatherwork that the airbags are NOT deployed from the side of the seats. Having had the driver's seat leather back replaced very recently I can see that the stitching is so sturdy that no air bag could be deployed by 'bursting' through the seam. I am however happy to be proved wrong - any info ? regards, yt.

kniterider

Re:front seat airbags.
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2004, 12:04 »
not sure matey will have a look at mine in a bit as its got bags in the seats ive seen the badge on the side but never thought of where they pop out!

Offline red16v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2004, 08:29 »
Any thoughts anyone ? Regards, yt.

Offline Nimrod

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2004, 06:29 »
I can't think of where else they could be.  According to NCAP at http://www.euroncap.com/details.php3?id=vw_golf_1998 they do appear to be in the seat.

Offline Gt-tdi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2004, 11:42 »
i cant remember exactly where from, but i did see it was actually inside the seat. I dont think its in the pillar. your handbook should show you.
TDI = economy and FAST!!

kniterider

« Reply #5 on: 16 January 2004, 21:28 »
yeah they are deffo in seat as ive looked and got looms going to my seats, (and i aint got no heated seats etc!!) from where they would pop out i aint got a clue!!! ???