Author Topic: Boot Build  (Read 2136 times)

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
Boot Build
« on: 19 September 2005, 09:37 »
has anybody got any pics of a boot build they've done in their golfs, im after some inspiration as im going to design one and then build it myself to house two amps, 2 6x9s and a sub (or two). im thinking of separating the sub from 6x9s so they arent sharing the same air space. Any tips of pics would be highly appreciated. Thanks!!

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
Re: Boot Build
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2005, 21:56 »
look at this thread : whats in your boot? in this section for some inspiration!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2005, 21:57 »
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2005, 23:09 »
yeah already had a nosey but thought people might have some does and donts for me. im thinking of squaring everything off with hinges so amps and changers can still be go to easily.

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2005, 00:14 »
I'd advise you ditch the 6x9 idea. I run single 10" sub off 290w of amp and a set of 17cm mids and tweets in the front off 2x55w of amp. No rear speakers in mine and it sounds spot on. The image is perfect cos the sound comes from infront of you.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2005, 12:06 »
I agree with Dizzie, don't even bother mixing 6*9s and subs in the boot.
Hinges are a good idea, mine will be like this soon so I can get to the spare wheel.
I'll try and take some pics of my boot build this week and get them up on here although I have no sounds yet as we didn't have a drill to drill the earth point  :laugh:
James

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2005, 14:26 »
Dizzy's is posh so it would sound good.  :wink:

if you want rear speakers then put 4x6'' in your parcel shelf supports.  :smiley:
:)

Offline Ozz

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 September 2005, 14:56 »
Heres a pic of my old boot build, all squared off with 2 12's, and a false floor concealing floor tray for all my amps etc, with the spare wheel under that. It was possible to get the spare out by lift the floor tray, but was difficult as it was all such a tight fit!!! Did sound good tho, and I did have 6x9's running in the parcel shelf, which although they did give a nice rear fill, weren't really necessary, as for a while I was running without them and didnt notice a huge amount of difference. Much better to save the money and get nice components up front and a better sub and amp combination.

Mk2 Gti 8v

Offline GolfChick24

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2005, 16:59 »
ok ive cardboard up my false floor today and i was thinking i know for say sub enclosures ure supposed to use 18mm mdf but can i get away with thinner stuff in other places? thanks

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #9 on: 20 September 2005, 22:41 »
12mm should be ok. what subs are you running? If they're W7's or the like I wouldn't compremise on anything.
Mk4 Golf 150PD