Author Topic: Ye Oldé TV question  (Read 670 times)

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Ye Oldé TV question
« on: 11 December 2012, 09:43 »
My old PS42 Samsung plasma is beginning to play around a bit (no picture but sound, then picture no sound, and sometimes neither) so I'm thinking I'm going to place it into semi retirement and get a new one.

Thing is there are that many out there that I'm not sure what to get. I've read the smart TV post below but no one actually gave an answer.

I've got an xbox with all the gubbins on it, lovefilm etc (don't use it though). However, I'm pretty sure I want another Plasma screen and I'm looking at 50" +. The only one I've been able to find that looks good value is the Samsung 51E6500 which seems to get rave reviews in most places, but also seems to be end of line.

I'd prefer to get a Samsung as I like them an know that they outperform (usually) every other screen when it comes to bigger sizes and movies look the bomb on them. Motion blur when playing games is non existent as well, unlike LCD and LED (which aren't actually LED at all)

Question is, have I overlooked a tele that can out do the Samsung without realising it?

The deals on Samsung goods at the moment are pretty good as well - £100 cashback when buying said tele and another Samsung item....

Oh the quandry! :huh:

Replies gratefully received.

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Ye Oldé TV question
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2012, 10:15 »
Panasonic Viera maybe?

Been looking myself and think the picture quality of the Panasonic is better but the Samsung appears to have better features.
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2012, 12:27 »
I just bought an LG 55 inch LED cinema 3d wifi tv, it does everything i need even had a plex app for connection to your computer.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2012, 13:23 »
Panasonic are in trouble, not sure I'd want to purchase a device from a company that may go tits soon and be without support for it.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e3c8007c-4e3c-11e1-aa0b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2EkVa27rG
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.