Author Topic: Hi from a Golf Mk 2 convert  (Read 536 times)

Offline purpleYfronts

• Just got here
Hi from a Golf Mk 2 convert
« on: 20 August 2011, 18:02 »
Hi My name is Steve, & I became hooked & fell in love with a lovely black Mk 2 GTI 8v that I bought off a mate (he had 3 of them lol), i only bought it as a runaround (& to help him out as he was a bit flush on the beer voucher front lol), It was a good solid car with no rust & a virtual full sevice history (plus all the original MOTs), when I was originally looking at it my mate said it had done 167,000, i thought "Oh No" but took it for a spin and was amazed at how it drove, it was like a 5 or 6yr old car despite the milage, it had been sitting parked up for about 6 months & was filthy, unloved & needed a good wash, I drove it around like that for about a month, then one day decided to give it a wash, my mate said "go on, give it a T cut and it'll come up lovely" so I did, & it did lol, from that moment I was hooked, it only meant to be a runaround for a few months but i found myself doing little jobs on it lol, but I decided to keep it & get a few years out of it, so the little jobs became bigger, clutch, heater matrix etc.
I had been looking on this forum for a while & has been a great help & mine of imformation (in the past I had always been a Land Rover Man & member of a few Landrover forums & helped other folk out on their LR's) though sadly the main reason for registering now is that I will have to get rid of my much loved GTI as I have to have a sensible estate car to fit our family & camping gear in, so hopefully it will go to someone who understands Golfs & will apreciate the work I have put in & the condition of mine.
Regards Steve
p.s the name purpleYfronts, if your like me, in your late fourties, like me you'll apreciate the more comfortable undergarments for the undercarriage dept, & leave the youngsters to wear the monogramed slug hammocks that are held together by a lenght of cheese wire at the rear! lol

Offline scott64

• I live here
Re: Hi from a Golf Mk 2 convert
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2011, 10:50 »
welcome to the group

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Hi from a Golf Mk 2 convert
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2011, 18:58 »
Hello, and welcome to the Forum   :cool: :cool:

Thom