Author Topic: Help my life is now ruined!  (Read 2080 times)

Offline nise

• Not said much yet
Help my life is now ruined!
« on: 04 November 2010, 16:26 »
I have recently had my pride and joy broken into, I had all my windows smashed and they have attacked my wiring. Im not a mechanic or anything but they have obviously tried to hot wire my car, but as it has a dodgy starter motor they were unable to pinch it.

However this now leaves my car in somewhat of a mess, I have replaced the windows and bought new cowling to cover the wires, but I have no idea where to start re-wiring her. There is 2 plastic connectors, under the steering wheel, one at the top and one further down, it is the latter that has been smashed off and the wires cut.

Could you please help me in identifying: a) what these connectors are called so I can go about ordering one, b)give me some advice on where I would find instructions on how to re-wire her.

Offline B-chi

• I live here
Re: Help my life is now ruined!
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2010, 17:08 »
Best bet is to take a photo mate for people to see.

Are you not able to see where they've cut which goes where. There should still be some cable left into the connector to colour match.

Offline Reasty

• I live here
  • Alpine white valver.
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2010, 14:20 »
I feel for you mate  :cry: :angry: if you are unsure how to rewire the car then it may just be easier to get a auto electrician out to rewire her for you.

Offline AlexMozza

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2010, 14:50 »
What the hell is happening to this world :(

2001 Satria GTi

Mini 25 Special Edition 1984 998 :D

Formula 3 Mechanic

Offline nise

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2010, 07:15 »
Thank you people I will upload a photo shortly. The sad thing is i have been working on her for 2 years and have only had her out for 6 weeks and someone has tried to steal her!