Author Topic: Keyless and manual locking issues  (Read 1168 times)

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
Keyless and manual locking issues
« on: 26 September 2021, 15:55 »
Help please and apologies if this has been aired before.

I opened my TCR normally via keyless yesterday, went to start it on button and it said key not found, place on marked surface and then car started. Also it said to replace key fob battery.

Replaced the CR2025 fob batteries in both keys, as two years old now. Now what's happening is the keyless entry won't work at all and, using the key, you hear the clunk for lock, indicators flash, but no clunk for unlock or indicators. However, I can get in which sets off the alarm, until I press the brake, place the key next to key logo and then car starts? It's still saying replace batteries as well?
I've tried the metal key out, place next to exterior lock, then press unlock, as per manual for synchronising but nothing. The indicator on both keys doesn't flash either when lock/unlock pressed. Tried spare key but same issues. Am I missing something?

It's in for a service on Tuesday week, but any help in the interim to prevent upsetting neighbours would be appreciated.
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Keyless and manual locking issues
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2021, 17:23 »
Duff batteries? Have a read of this thread - https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287040.60 , posts 57 and 60 of particular interest regarding suitability of batteries for the fobs and plenty of posts showing that even new batteries won't always work. When mine failed I replaced with Panasonic batteries and they worked fine.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2021, 18:09 »
Thanks Watts for your reply and research. I fitted new Duracell's(2025 expiry date) but will order some Panasonic's as well.
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2021, 18:59 »
Thanks Watts for your reply and research. I fitted new Duracell's(2025 expiry date) but will order some Panasonic's as well.

Good luck, I hope it sorts out the problems :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2021, 19:46 »
What make 2025 does everyone recommend and where's the best place to get some??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 26 September 2021, 21:11 »
Closest place when mine went this week was Sainsbury’s.

Aimed to replace with Panasonic as that’s what I took out but they only had Duracell in.  Can’t recal exactly which ones (was the only option there to be honest) but they have worked ok so far….
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 26 September 2021, 21:13 »
Duracell from Amazon Prime. Next day delivery. £2.10 for two. Easy.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 28 September 2021, 18:27 »
So, an update on my original post to battery gate! Some new JCB 2025's arrived today, replaced the brand new Duracell 2025 in both keys and car now locking and unlocking!!

As per suggestions, will be keeping spares in car and wallet and have ordered Panasonic's as well.

Thanks all.