Author Topic: DSG tune  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: DSG tune
« Reply #10 on: 17 June 2022, 06:19 »
A couple of things, one where in the US where was a phenomenal amount of faffing around getting the tune with a lot of back and forth to the Netherlands to get it installed and then it seemed to be the wrong tune, someone else wasn't happy as after a while it seemed to have taken on very much stock like properties. There were though others saying how great the stage 2+ tune was so I'm not saying it was all bad but finding decent objective reviews on any TCU remap seems tricky, especially on an otherwise stock car.

I'm not so bothered about making changes to the way sport works, or launching it faster, I was just hoping that regular off the line driving could be smoothed out.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 17 June 2022, 14:32 »
I've read nothing but good things about the TVS map that Oli at Bognor Motors has installed on many a Transporter as well as his own TCR.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 17 June 2022, 19:13 »
I've read nothing but good things about the TVS map that Oli at Bognor Motors has installed on many a Transporter as well as his own TCR.

Thanks.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2022, 19:06 »
I find the gearbox to be rather juddery at low speeds and you can feel it slipping the clutch plus sport mode is a bit too aggresive. At the least I'd like it to be smoother at bimbling speeds. Does anyone have first hand experience of the tunes and will they improve these aspects?

Sounds counter intuitive, the only time I experienced less slip was when I had a but I’d turbo, I think because the turbo would come on strong, but it would be as aggressive - just as an FYI
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 18 June 2022, 22:49 »
I'm not so bothered about making changes to the way sport works, or launching it faster, I was just hoping that regular off the line driving could be smoothed out.

Indeed, unless engine tuned and in need of extra clamping force or a bit of aggression under full fat acceleration (probably on closed circuit or drag strip use) then Sport is good enough as is.

I totally got where you were coming from with this thread.
The desire to remove that indecisiveness at normal driving speed and occasional clutch slip as the box goes through the gears too quickly when you want to get up to speed in a leisurely but positive fashion.
I’d imagine there would be a lot of requests for a mid-point setting that’s less aggressive than sport but more positive feeling than normal or comfort.

I think DTE/DTUK do a plug in DSG tune, or at least they used to. I’ve no idea what sort of improvement or otherwise this unit would bring. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 19 June 2022, 16:29 »
I wouldn't go anywhere near anything dtuk are flogging. With something as expensive and important as the dsg gearbox you want a company that knows what's it's doing. Dtuk definitely don't fall into that category!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2022, 18:40 »
I’m saying nothing….   :evil:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 20 June 2022, 19:19 »
I’m saying nothing….   :evil:
😂😂
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #18 on: 29 June 2022, 13:56 »
I find the gearbox to be rather juddery at low speeds and you can feel it slipping the clutch plus sport mode is a bit too aggresive. At the least I'd like it to be smoother at bimbling speeds. Does anyone have first hand experience of the tunes and will they improve these aspects?

My stage 1 GTD occasionally slips underload very slightly in 2nd, but not 1st which is bizarre. My 2015 S3 and my current GTD are/were both a bit juddery when cold. My GTD feels like it is going to stall as I stop at the junction leaving my estate. It is fine after about 2-3 mins though.

I have noticed that in town driving and slow stop start traffic if your autohold is turned on, then trying to gently pull away is very jerky, especially if you are using DCC.
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline Jace

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 01 July 2022, 13:54 »
I have a REVO TCU map in my stg2 7.5 R estate & it works very well with the REVO engine software.

Depending on how old your car is & if it has the 7 speed DQ381 gearbox VW are actually doing a software update on these now, I took mine for MOT on Monday at a VW dealer & they asked me if I wanted it uploading, which I didn't as its already running the Revo tune.

Contact your local main VW dealer & check
2018 Golf R 7.5 Estate > Full Revo stg2 set up