Author Topic: GTI fuel rating (95 RON)  (Read 40981 times)

Offline Johnc41

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI fuel rating (95 RON)
« Reply #100 on: 16 July 2013, 08:32 »
The dispute is that VW have lots of motives for not declaring that the higher octane fuel increases the power and that engines of the design in the new GTi produce more power with higher octane fuel.

You stick with what the manual says and be happy.

For those of us that are interested, we will just have to rolling road the car with the different fuel grades to find out conclusively. I predict 15bhp maximum power increase from 95ron to 98ron at the same conditions. 230 > 245 bhp maximum.
[/

I will mate and save myself money and get a remap and notice significant changes not bs changes that I would never notice in the real world.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #101 on: 16 July 2013, 08:52 »
Johnc41, How long you gonna wait until you remap? Do you use someone local to you in Scotland? Can you switch your remap off for warranty work/servicing?
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Johnc41

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #102 on: 16 July 2013, 09:07 »
Johnc41, How long you gonna wait until you remap? Do you use someone local to you in Scotland? Can you switch your remap off for warranty work/servicing?

Hi mate going to get it done right away, every gti I have bought It has been new and had it remapped just after 500miles. I alway use a4udi in Clydebank, it is celtic tuning maps and I have had 9 done with him, and never had any problems.
I have never had a map scrubbed on a service so I don't bother, but Andy said it would be ok and in the off chance he would map it free of charge. They are brilliant. I had 2 vw cc and 2 mercs as we'll and it totally changed the cars.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #103 on: 16 July 2013, 10:31 »

Hi mate going to get it done right away, every gti I have bought It has been new and had it remapped just after 500miles. I alway use a4udi in Clydebank, it is celtic tuning maps and I have had 9 done with him, and never had any problems.
I have never had a map scrubbed on a service so I don't bother, but Andy said it would be ok and in the off chance he would map it free of charge. They are brilliant. I had 2 vw cc and 2 mercs as we'll and it totally changed the cars.

Hi John,

I would be really interested to hear the results after your remap. I'm quite close to Clydebank and could be tempted to go down the remap route

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #104 on: 16 July 2013, 12:20 »

Hi John,

I would be really interested to hear the results after your remap. I'm quite close to Clydebank and could be tempted to go down the remap route
although a for audi is a top wee garage and andy is a nice guy an very helpfull dont think i would be getting him to map any of my cars,if i wanted a generic map the revo dealer is closer than a for audi who would do the same job  :smiley:

Offline Johnc41

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #105 on: 16 July 2013, 15:59 »

Hi John,

Hi I will do mate and don't listen to Barrym as the results are excellent mate trust me I have had remapps done at superchips for my gti and had to get it done by celtic tuning and it blew the superchips map away. Celtic tuning remapps are superb mate. Can't beat them. I will keep you posted. And not many cars have passed me after every remapp. Honestly the bs you have to listen to on here is unreal

« Last Edit: 16 July 2013, 16:02 by Johnc41 »

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #106 on: 16 July 2013, 16:40 »

Hi John,

Hi I will do mate and don't listen to Barrym as the results are excellent mate trust me I have had remapps done at superchips for my gti and had to get it done by celtic tuning and it blew the superchips map away. Celtic tuning remapps are superb mate. Can't beat them. I will keep you posted. And not many cars have passed me after every remapp. Honestly the bs you have to listen to on here is unreal

:grin: :grin: love the wee dig there john an i wouldnt go shouting about the place you get your maps done to loud feel free to pm  :grin: :grin: an why get a superchip map when your shouting that the celtic maps are better or did you not know about them when you got the superchip map
« Last Edit: 16 July 2013, 17:09 by barrym381 »