Author Topic: Mk7 gti 19 inch upgrade alloys  (Read 17621 times)

Offline Ed35 chunk

• Here all the time
Mk7 gti 19 inch upgrade alloys
« on: 08 July 2013, 22:34 »
Is there any pictures of a mk7 gti with the 19inch upgraded alloys? I think it's a must and looks amazing on the mk7 gti, even better in reflex silver met
Gti ed35, dsg reflex silver met, rns510, dynaudio, rear cam, parking sensors, revo stage 2+, hpfp, revo intake, turbo back milltek non res inc sport cat,

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: Mk7 gti 19 inch upgrade alloys
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2013, 01:27 »
What do you mean by pictures? There are loads from the Geneva motor show, but do you mean real world pics one of us has taken?  I don't recall any but there may have been some a while ago from a demonstrator...

Offline Ed35 chunk

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2013, 08:24 »
Yea real world pics  :smiley: all the gti have the 18s that look to small and stuck in
Gti ed35, dsg reflex silver met, rns510, dynaudio, rear cam, parking sensors, revo stage 2+, hpfp, revo intake, turbo back milltek non res inc sport cat,

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2013, 08:59 »
Yea real world pics  :smiley: all the gti have the 18s that look to small and stuck in

Funny that, I think the 19"s look completely unnatural. As if they were an aftermarket choice. Just my opinion. :-)
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2013, 09:13 »
here they are on a demo car in an Irish dealership...

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2013, 09:13 »
Although I like the 18s I do think they don't fill the arches as well as the 19s.  Just my opinion of course.

Loads of pics here: http://www.autoscout24.de/NewMarketList.aspx?vis=1&state=A&atype=C&make=74&model=2084&fuel=B&pricefrom=1000&priceto=75000&offer=N&cy=D&page=2&results=20&desc=True&ustate=N,U&sort=price&rfde=True&mmvco=1&mmvmk0=74&mmvmd0=2084

which seems to be the German Autotrader for Golfs!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2013, 09:24 »
Isn't the rolling radius of the 18s and 19s broadly similar due to the 19s having lower profile tyres?  If so, then the effective fill of the arches is the same, just that you see more allow with the 19s which does give the impression of a fuller arch.  Regardless, I've only got 17s on my current Mk5 GTI, and if my mates Ford Focus is anything to go by, the 18s on his still leave a huge gap around the arches, and they don't even curve around the wheels properly!  All-in-all, very happy indeed with the overall look of the 18s.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Running Man

« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2013, 12:52 »

:laugh: the 19'' look like just another set of (nice) optional alloys, where as the 18'' look 100% GTI   :wink:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2013, 13:02 »

I know what you're saying but as above, the overall circumference of the wheel and tyre is the same with 19s as 18s. The fact the 18s look small is due to the shape of the wheel arch and the 'stuck in' bit you mention is also the same with the optional 19s as they have the same width and offset.
To make the wheels fill the arches better visually you'd need either spacers (similar to mk5 and mk6 models where a lot of people run 10mm spacers on the rear, though I suspect you could go wider on the mk7 similar to the Scirocco) or aftermarket wheels with a lower offset.

I run 8" wide 19" ET44 alloys on my mk6 and I reckon even these won't fill the arches as well as they do on the mk6 where they sit quite flush. This offset was recommended for the mk5 and 6 chassis by BBS but the Scirocco guys seem to get away with ET35 so maybe the mk7 Golf will too?

Keep and eye on the German forums via google and see what the tuners and German owners do with their GTIs so see what offsets you can get away with whilst still avoiding the silly 'scene' look which makes the car drive crap and look silly.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2013, 13:04 »
where as the 18'' look 100% GTI   :wink:

Exactly - getting a GTI and putting wheels on it that that make the ride slightly more hash, and that can be bought for a GTD...  To be honest, I'd have been more than happy with a set of 18" Shadow Monza's per the Mk6, but changing up a bit works too!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep