Author Topic: mirrors  (Read 7265 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: mirrors
« Reply #20 on: 08 July 2013, 17:20 »
In that case ye may be better off disabling the auto fold and just using the knob on the door card manually to fold/unfold as you need.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 08 July 2013, 18:22 »
Yes, that's what I do now. Manual all the way!
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Running Man

« Reply #22 on: 08 July 2013, 18:36 »
I like the way they fold at an upward angle rather than straight backwards  :cool:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #23 on: 08 July 2013, 19:05 »
I like the way they fold at an upward angle rather than straight backwards  :cool:

Same, they look really cool folded like that!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 08 July 2013, 22:05 »

Won't they fill up with rain water?
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #25 on: 09 July 2013, 01:25 »

This

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 10 July 2013, 07:56 »

To be honest, I've been thinking the same thing as well. Do they have drain holes built in.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 10 July 2013, 08:10 »
Yes. And unfold on ignition. Can be disabled if you want.

For me I'd prefer it if they unfolded when the car was unlocked.  Still, it's more than mine currently do!

Just nipping to the car to retrieve something and the mirrors unfold? What a waste of battery that would be. You don’t need your mirrors until you start the car, makes more sense to link them to the ignition.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #28 on: 10 July 2013, 08:18 »
Just nipping to the car to retrieve something and the mirrors unfold? What a waste of battery that would be. You don’t need your mirrors until you start the car, makes more sense to link them to the ignition.

Oh I know, imagine going to your car a couple of times to collect something and then bam, flat battery...  :rolleyes:  Seriously, it might be a "waste" but again, it hardly constitutes effort or waste on your part, and somehow I don't think the battery juice will suffer.  For me it makes sense to have them fold/unfold on lock/unlock, that way you get a great visual clue if you can't remember locking your car.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 10 July 2013, 08:38 »
VW were thinking about the 0.01mpg it will add to your next journey when they decided not to unfold the mirrors until the ignition is on.

From an “is it locked or isn’t it?” prompt, I can see how the folding in/out on opening/closing would be useful.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.