Author Topic: mirrors  (Read 7267 times)

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
Re: mirrors
« Reply #10 on: 07 July 2013, 21:31 »
Yes. And unfold on ignition. Can be disabled if you want.

For me I'd prefer it if they unfolded when the car was unlocked.  Still, it's more than mine currently do!

No pleasing some people! :laugh:

Struggling to see why they only unfold on ignition and not unlock tbh
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #11 on: 07 July 2013, 21:47 »
Does seem a bit odd having them behave like that.  On my mates focus they close on locking the car and open when the car is unlocked. Makes it really easy to glance at the car and know if it's locked or not.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 07 July 2013, 22:37 »
one other question, i have ordered it with the 19" sanitagos do you get a spare wheel with it?

I've ordered the Santiagos, but have no idea about a spare wheel and actually, thinking about it, I also have dynaudio ordered which does come with a spare wheel when ordered with 18's...hmm interesting one.
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 07 July 2013, 23:12 »
Does seem a bit odd having them behave like that.  On my mates focus they close on locking the car and open when the car is unlocked. Makes it really easy to glance at the car and know if it's locked or not.

Same on my Ford - you don't need the mirrors though unless you are going to drive?  The unfold/fold operation always seems to be a waste when I'm just nipping into the car to grab something...
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #14 on: 07 July 2013, 23:21 »
Same on my Ford - you don't need the mirrors though unless you are going to drive?  The unfold/fold operation always seems to be a waste when I'm just nipping into the car to grab something...

Well of course you don't (unless you are sat spying!), but it's nice to have them unfolded for when you wash the car.  When nipping into the car to grab something, it might be unnecessary but it's not like you wasted effort yourself!

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 07 July 2013, 23:28 »

Well of course you don't (unless you are sat spying!), but it's nice to have them unfolded for when you wash the car.  When nipping into the car to grab something, it might be unnecessary but it's not like you wasted effort yourself!

True that.  The Ford has an additional button on the mirror controls so you can fold/unfold at will.  Maybe the Golf will have one as well?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #16 on: 08 July 2013, 12:33 »
I'm pretty sure it has a manual button too, and the auto stuff can be disabled of you want.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 08 July 2013, 12:42 »
Yes, you can still fold them manually using the little toggle mirror adjust button on the door, same as the MK6.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 08 July 2013, 17:06 »
I wouldn't want mine unfolding as I drive through my narrow garage doors!
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #19 on: 08 July 2013, 17:08 »
I wouldn't want mine unfolding as I drive through my narrow garage doors!

Exactly, this is what I use the manual fold mirrors button for in my Ford.  Also, there are a couple of idiot traffic calming measures in Cambridge where hey put up posts 6' wide or something and being able to move the mirrors in saves the risk of a scrape!