Author Topic: Bit the bullet.. ordered today!  (Read 3605 times)

Offline drisser

• I live here
Bit the bullet.. ordered today!
« on: 06 July 2013, 18:31 »
I could resist no longer, after looking at the configurator all afternoon, I engaged 2 dealers in an email discount war all afternoon yesterday until one just wound me up..

So I went to the other today to spec up a car and ordered-

3 door manual
Carbon Grey
Performance pack
Winter pack
Panoramic roof.

Managed to resist all other options for the time being. 

Managed to secure a discount of around £2500 which is about 9% I think, net price around £26,200 I think.  Could have got better on the Internet but my local dealer was good to work with and they gave me the 3 hour test drive.  They also underwrote my bmw 330ci with a decent trade in value for oct / nov delivery.

Not sure when the car will likely arrive but I guess now the pondering starts.. Did I spec it right, shall I change color etc !  It's my birthday on 1 dec so as long as its there for that.

By the way I saw a normal golf in limestone grey as I was tempted, but oh, no it is not a good colour in the flesh IMO.  Very washed out a bit pale, really think it looked better in pics.  My advice, if you are going for anything other than white, red or black make sure you see something in the flesh.

Really excited now, they also confirmed that the low rate finance runs until end of the year as long as you order by September, plus  managed to get the obligatory full tank of fuel thrown in  :smiley:

Can't wait, has been a long time since I had a brand new car and this new golf really ticked all the boxes.
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Running Man

Re: Bit the bullet.. ordered today!
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2013, 18:37 »
Congratulations pal, what a birthday present  :wink:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2013, 18:41 »
You should ask the supplying dealership how many he's already got on order for people. If you're his first or second, you might get it sooner than you think (based on dealership allocation assumptions).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2013, 18:59 »
Funnily enough I did ask how many gti's he had sold I think it was 5 so far, he reckoned maybe it would be here October but for once I am not in a huge rush !

Although I am sure after 3 months of looking online at everyone here carping how nice their new car is  :lipsrsealed: i Will be more impatient.

The dealer said to me how about going to pick up the car from Germany.. Might just do that !
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2013, 19:40 »
Funnily enough I did ask how many gti's he had sold I think it was 5 so far, he reckoned maybe it would be here October but for once I am not in a huge rush !

Although I am sure after 3 months of looking online at everyone here carping how nice their new car is  :lipsrsealed: i Will be more impatient.

The dealer said to me how about going to pick up the car from Germany.. Might just do that !

I thought you couldn't do that from UK - wasn't there previous confirmation that it wasnt possible due to customs, dvla etc??
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2013, 19:51 »
Nice one drisser. I ordered mine this week too. Very exciting. I've got an estimated BW of 42. How about yourself?
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2013, 20:15 »
No idea yet !  He emailed to say it should be on the system on Monday.. As long as its before week 50 I am going to be happy !

Also even if it s an option, not sure November or dec drive to Germany will be so much fun !

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2013, 21:06 »
you can't collect cars from Germany any more. insurance, tax man, dvla etc etc
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2013, 21:38 »
you can't collect cars from Germany any more. insurance, tax man, dvla etc etc

Integrated and less restrictive EU huh?  That's working out well then. :tongue:

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 06 July 2013, 21:40 »
Sod it, have paid for delivery may as well get them to do the legwork anyway !

H5O - how long after order did you get a build week confirmed ?

Cheers
Andy