Author Topic: The Joy of Specs !  (Read 4685 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: The Joy of Specs !
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2013, 09:46 »
I've gone for basic nav only just because otherwise I knew I'd get annoyed when I have to stick a TomTom on my screen. Did want keyless but thought he gimmick would wear off after a couple of weeks.

Agree about only getting options to make the car more enjoyable, can't see a car with Nav being much of a deal breaker though, especially when all the Golfs are going to have the screen anyway.

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2013, 10:26 »
I have just been on Drive The Deal and specced the following

3 Door GTI

DSG
Performance Pack
Metallic paint
Adaptive chassis control
Navigation pro with 8.0 colour touch screen
Dynaudio sound pack
High beam assist
Park assist system
Rear view camera
Winter pack

On the road price £28600

Seems like a bargain, has anyone used Drive The Deal before and do they stick to this price.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 05 July 2013, 18:53 »
Removed all the talk about lead times as was way off topic and getting a bit angry. ;)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Running Man

« Reply #13 on: 05 July 2013, 19:26 »
The pano roof on any other colour than white is lost on the car imo

Agreed, very pleased I have it ordered on my PURE WHITE GTI, lovely jubbly  :smiley:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 05 July 2013, 19:36 »
Some gimmicks make you smile every day even though you don't really need them.

We got a new composite front door 2 years ago and at the time Yale doors were launching their snazzy new electronic keyless door, where you gain entry by either a bleeper or you can enter a code of your choosing, up to 12 digits, it was about £110 extra instead of £330 as a launch price. The external handle is clutched so it decouples from the lock after 10 seconds (to stop unauthorised people following you in). A female voice says "door open" when you put the right code in or use the bleeper, "please lift the handle to securely lock" when you're in the house and have closed the door, and a few other things like when you enter the code wrong and it shuts off the keypad for 5 mins after 5 wrong attempts etc. The fitter called it the "Resident Evil" door as the voice sounds like the "red Queen" computer system in the movie. I was convinced i'd deactivate the voice for the bleeps you can use. Still using the voice! Best £110 I ever spent!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 05 July 2013, 19:55 »

We got a new composite front door 2 years ago and at the time Yale doors were launching their snazzy new electronic keyless door, where you gain entry by either a bleeper or you can enter a code of your choosing, up to 12 digits, it was about £110 extra instead of £330 as a launch price. The external handle is clutched so it decouples from the lock after 10 seconds (to stop unauthorised people following you in). A female voice says "door open" when you put the right code in or use the bleeper, "please lift the handle to securely lock" when you're in the house and have closed the door, and a few other things like when you enter the code wrong and it shuts off the keypad for 5 mins after 5 wrong attempts etc. The fitter called it the "Resident Evil" door as the voice sounds like the "red Queen" computer system in the movie. I was convinced i'd deactivate the voice for the bleeps you can use. Still using the voice! Best £110 I ever spent!

I need this in my life!!! 8) ;D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Running Man

« Reply #16 on: 05 July 2013, 20:02 »

I need this in my life!!! 8) ;D

I'm lost  :smiley:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2013, 14:17 »

May I suggest Pro Nav Sir?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #18 on: 06 July 2013, 14:53 »

May I suggest Pro Nav Sir?

Nah, standard nav will get you there just fine, and with cash left over for a proper good party when you get there! ;o)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep