Author Topic: S3  (Read 13983 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: S3
« Reply #20 on: 21 June 2013, 18:11 »
I agree. The S3 is a different class of car.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 21 June 2013, 18:20 »
VW which look good = Golf and Polo

What about the Scirocco = a cracker!

;)

She's getting a bit long in the tooth now though, i'm surprised there hasn't been any kind of external facelift since it was released, even some LED tail lights would make a big difference imo, still smart mind.

With regards the S3, it's not really fair to compare it to the GTI pricewise as the R would be it's rival with it's power and 4wd, we'll have to wait and see how that one pans out though! :drool:
« Last Edit: 21 June 2013, 18:24 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Running Man

« Reply #22 on: 21 June 2013, 18:53 »
VW which look good = Golf and Polo

What about the Scirocco = a cracker!

:wink:

I owned a Scirocco in 2009, it was a big mistake on my part that I bought it.  I see your point as I did choose one.  It's not a car which I rate.

Offline Chriscav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 21 June 2013, 18:56 »
I could afford it but have a budget in mind as like to live comfortably without worrying about cash.
I think the golf is a car you can enjoy more of the time.
It won't break the bank but will give you most of the thrills an s3 would in my opinion.
I'd love an s3 with the s tronic gearbox as I think this would suit the car more, but I really don't think it's worth the extra outlay in my opinion.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #24 on: 21 June 2013, 19:10 »
I owned a Scirocco in 2009, it was a big mistake on my part that I bought it.  I see your point as I did choose one.  It's not a car which I rate.

Pray tell?
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 03 July 2013, 17:09 »
After much thought I've ordered the GTI!

S3 was tempting, but in the end I couldn't justify the additional outlay when the GTI is such a good package.

Looking forward to Nov/Dec delivery...a long wait but I know it'll be worth it.
Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 04 July 2013, 08:46 »
Did you order from a Dealer Thornster ?

Wondered what lead times they are quoting currently....  did they shift at all on the price ?  My current discussions are squeezing around £1500 out of one dealer but others have been able to secure more..

Andy
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 04 July 2013, 09:21 »
Did you order from a Dealer Thornster ?

Wondered what lead times they are quoting currently....  did they shift at all on the price ?  My current discussions are squeezing around £1500 out of one dealer but others have been able to secure more..

Andy

I ended up ordering via an online broker (Drivethedeal) with a 12% discount, which i thought was a very good deal! Other brokers are offering 5 - 9% off from memory.

My local dealer was also very, very good and also offered a very good discount, but unfortunately couldn't match the 12%.

If you really want to deal locally and have certainty of the supplying dealer I'd still be aiming for a 7 - 9% discount...

Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 04 July 2013, 15:46 »

And remember you can do a 4 yr pcp compared to vw's 3yr......
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 04 July 2013, 15:53 »

And remember you can do a 4 yr pcp compared to vw's 3yr......

Got an email from a local dealer yesterday saying 4 year PCP now available on VWs
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist