Author Topic: your opinions on the DSG?  (Read 14320 times)

Offline LaserBlue

• Here all the time
your opinions on the DSG?
« on: 24 March 2008, 16:44 »
Just wanted any of you guys who have a GTI DSG to give your comments on how it performs day to day?

Reason i ask is that ive seen a GTI DSG today and was very very tempted to part ex mine.

I didnt test drive it just had a brief look but was in black, satnav, xenon 17" 18k miles 06 plate

My car currently has 15k miles 55 plate, im concerned about the millage as i do around 30 a day and dont want it to high when i come to sell it.

If i did part x id end up paying a little more. I was after a DSG in the first place but went for a manual

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
Re: your opinions on the DSG?
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2008, 16:45 »
i do around 30 a day and dont want it to high when i come to sell it.

Is that it?
You drive a hot hatch and only do 30miles a day? Is there any point? It must barely be warm.
Seems odd that you are concerned about high milage, get out there and drive it!

Mine is 2 weeks old and has 1300miles on the clock already, it's there to be driven not looked at!!!
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline Jamm89

• Here all the time
  • Mk4 GTI 2ltr 3door Black
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2008, 16:52 »
Ive got DSG on a 2ltr tdi passat.

I think it is amazing  :smiley:

You cant feel the gear change all you see in the rev counter wizzing up and down  :laugh:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2008, 16:55 »
Perfect transmission for the perfect car. :cool:

Once you've gone DSG you won't want manual again :wink:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Phil mcavity

« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2008, 17:05 »
Have had now 3 vw's with DSG, 2 GTi's and 1 B6 passat sport 170 TDI. Honestly you will absolutly love the GTi with the DSG setup. Its quicker aswell!!, see if you can feel the gearchange between 2rd-3rd-4th, i bet you will struggles to feel it change!.Well worth it, 1st extra it MUST have if i were to get any VW. Transforms the car in my oppinion. a real no brainer tbh.

You wont be disapointed. go try it!  :smiley:

i do around 30 a day and dont want it to high when i come to sell it.

Is that it?
You drive a hot hatch and only do 30miles a day? Is there any point? It must barely be warm.
Seems odd that you are concerned about high milage, get out there and drive it!

Mine is 2 weeks old and has 1300miles on the clock already, it's there to be driven not looked at!!!
Lol my car has only got 1275 in total and its 1 year old!!!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 24 March 2008, 21:22 by Phil mcavity »

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2008, 17:20 »
Its for old folks! See the posts above :grin: :grin:

If your only doing 30miles a day and still feel like you need a DSG... it sounds like you SLAP too! :drool:

Offline MikeGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 24 March 2008, 17:27 »
I had DSG on my 3.2 Audi and now on the GTI.

The comfort and relaxed drive that comes with an Auto but with the option of taking over manually when you want a spirited drive.

The gearshifts are truly seamless, and never fail to impress the curious passengers.

I'm sure you'll get lots of negative comments on here from the manual drivers that have never lived day to day with the DSG but don't let that put you off.

Definitely take it out for a test drive, you've nothing to lose.

Phil mcavity

« Reply #7 on: 24 March 2008, 17:30 »
you say old  folks drive dsg cars r32uk, i met a mk5 r32 dsg owner today, who didnt even know what launch control was!! even how to do it, and you should of seen his zolda alloys! scuffed to feck and didnt know that he had tilting side mirrors!!! NOW THATS A DUMBASS OLD FUD if ever i met one!
good old R32 owners!

Offline LaserBlue

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 24 March 2008, 17:55 »
what about the cold starts and other problems?

i was thinking 30 miles a day is alot. most ppl commute to work about 5-15 miles aday then dont have time to drive the car as work takes over than evening time for relaxing.

dont any of you guys work? lol

yeah i kinda regret not getting a dsg but i always drive with one hand so duno if ill get used 2 always having my hands on the flappy pads plus when slowing down with a manual u press the clutch and down gear guess it will be kinda strange as ive never had an auto b4.

can you press the actual gear knob down to up gear and up 2 dwn gear? like u can on the smg m3

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 24 March 2008, 18:12 »
you say old  folks drive dsg cars r32uk, i met a mk5 r32 dsg owner today, who didnt even know what launch control was!! even how to do it, and you should of seen his zolda alloys! scuffed to feck and didnt know that he had tilting side mirrors!!! NOW THATS A DUMBASS OLD FUD if ever i met one!
good old R32 owners!

There you go point proven! Old people drive DSG's