Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739492 times)

Offline 5552north

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1220 on: 10 August 2014, 09:15 »
Disconnected the sound actuator.  What a difference!  I was never a fan and now I can have everything in sport without the pseudo sound.  Result.

Grateful for your advice on this, I tried to do disconnect the actuator yesterday but couldn't move the plug, not very easy when I couldn't really see what I was doing because of the poor access, but didn't want to put too much pressure on the plug when I was trying to pull it down.  I moved the little locking tab on it but couldn't get it to move and just ended up skinning the top of my hand in the process!

Maybe I'll just wait until its service next month and ask the dealer to turn it off with VCDS.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1221 on: 10 August 2014, 12:26 »
Thanks for fixing my pics James - am so useless with the Internet  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1222 on: 10 August 2014, 18:02 »

Where did you purchase these from I'm considering getting a set and are they easy to fit

You can purchase them here http://shop.ahw-shop.de/einstiegsleisten-schutzfolie-schwarz/silber-golf-7-vii-original-vw-zubehoer?c=2710 and installing them is not a problem so just go for them :wink:

Thanks mate. Also I'm on my phone so. Can't translate the page but is that the cost for a five door or just the fronts.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline mihaelo1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1223 on: 10 August 2014, 19:10 »

Thanks mate. Also I'm on my phone so. Can't translate the page but is that the cost for a five door or just the fronts.

On the right side on this page you can see the price for 2 door option and above price in square you can choose 4 door option and the price is the same.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1224 on: 10 August 2014, 19:16 »

On the right side on this page you can see the price for 2 door option and above price in square you can choose 4 door option and the price is the same.

Thanks I'll order from a desktop
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1225 on: 11 August 2014, 18:28 »

Your welcome, must admit i'm surprised how good they look against the TR. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #1226 on: 11 August 2014, 22:36 »
Fitted some Bosch Aero Twins after it rained properly for the first time over the weekend and I realised how crap the wipers really were!

They are amazing compared to the crap OEM ones.  Why VW don't fit something decent from the factory I'll never know!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1227 on: 12 August 2014, 09:14 »
Fitted some Bosch Aero Twins after it rained properly for the first time over the weekend and I realised how crap the wipers really were!

They are amazing compared to the crap OEM ones.  Why VW don't fit something decent from the factory I'll never know!

Last 4 VWs i've had crap wipers, the Aerotwins are the best i've tried.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1228 on: 12 August 2014, 10:15 »

Your welcome, must admit i'm surprised how good they look against the TR. :cool:

Thanks  :smiley: Yes, me too!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1229 on: 13 August 2014, 14:00 »
Been to DTUK to get the sticker put on the new box (Trevor) and get my maps altered (I was trying out some experimental ones before Andrew put the new boxes out to the general public).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.