Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739135 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1210 on: 08 August 2014, 16:20 »
I've tended to never use Sport mode on the car settings as although people on here say it makes a difference to the pedal response I didn't notice any real improvement in response and the noise from the soundaktor thingy just sounded like the car had a misfire! Yuk!
Instead I just have most of the settings on normal (I find the steering a bit too sharp in Sport too, I drive quite a variety of vehicles over the course of the week and when I jump in the Golf with the steering on sport I'm overcorrecting all the time - I probably look like someone on one of those 1950's movies where they're sat in a car having a conversation with a green screen backdrop behind them sawing away at the steering wheel despite the road scene being dead straight!!!)

I've used several settings on the Pedal Box but keep it on a fairly mild setting generally which is the most user friendly but still gives a pretty instant response. I've not tried the really extreme setting but didn't like it on the Sprint Booster I had previously as it made the car really jerky. Maybe if you were doing an all out performance test you'd switch in into the best mode briefly but doubt you'd be able to live with it for long.
I'd think if you were running a DTUK FSR with the Pedal Box on an extreme setting your front tyres wouldn't last more than a day or two but you'd have a massive grin! Seriously though, like most of these settings, be they the car menu or the plug in modules, you have a play with them occasionally but find your preferred setting quite quickly and stick to that as it suits the roads and driving conditions you deal with and driving style too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1211 on: 09 August 2014, 13:54 »
Had the red GTI badges fitted today - didn't think they would look as good as the silver ones as my car is TR, but was annoying me that I have the PP but not the red badges so decided to go for them anyway - and low and behold they look friggin awesome, love them!!  They look immense!  And I'm sure they make the car go quicker  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1212 on: 09 August 2014, 17:49 »
Had the red GTI badges fitted today - didn't think they would look as good as the silver ones as my car is TR, but was annoying me that I have the PP but not the red badges so decided to go for them anyway - and low and behold they look friggin awesome, love them!!  They look immense!  And I'm sure they make the car go quicker  :grin:

Have you pics? I'm still undecided on them for my car. If the car was any other colour, I'd have them in a heartbeat.
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline mihaelo1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1213 on: 09 August 2014, 20:30 »
I have installed door sill trim films on my GTD. It looks very good and i am very satisfied :smiley:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1214 on: 09 August 2014, 21:02 »

Have you pics? I'm still undecided on them for my car. If the car was any other colour, I'd have them in a heartbeat.

I was very sceptical, but it was annoying me so much the I had to do it  :grin:

Here you go:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w540/matchboyGTI/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps488d81b1.jpg

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w540/matchboyGTI/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps524be277.jpg
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #1215 on: 09 August 2014, 21:23 »
I think that looks smart. Nice a subtle.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1216 on: 09 August 2014, 22:21 »

I was very sceptical, but it was annoying me so much the I had to do it  :grin:

Here you go:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w540/matchboyGTI/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps488d81b1.jpg

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w540/matchboyGTI/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps524be277.jpg

Thanks, they do look mega. A trip to the dealers might be in order!
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1217 on: 09 August 2014, 23:55 »
They do look awesome tbh! :cool:

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1218 on: 10 August 2014, 01:28 »
I have installed door sill trim films on my GTD. It looks very good and i am very satisfied :smiley:

Where did you purchase these from I'm considering getting a set and are they easy to fit
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline mihaelo1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1219 on: 10 August 2014, 07:38 »

Where did you purchase these from I'm considering getting a set and are they easy to fit

You can purchase them here http://shop.ahw-shop.de/einstiegsleisten-schutzfolie-schwarz/silber-golf-7-vii-original-vw-zubehoer?c=2710 and installing them is not a problem so just go for them :wink: