Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2763590 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #890 on: 20 April 2014, 15:42 »
I gave the car a good wash yesterday in prep for some c2v3 today.  Noticed a small scratch on the front passenger door.  On further in inspection, when looking closely I can see a faint line in the paint going down the door.

How deep is the scratch if it's just a suface scratch, it could be the C2V3. Ive had a few light and white scratches that have turned out to be the C2V3. A quick rub with Mer made them disappear, then and reapplication of C2V3.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #891 on: 20 April 2014, 17:04 »
It's more of a scuff than a scratch.  There are fainter scuffs leading off this in a vertical line which is what you get when a door has been opened into yours.  In general I've noticed a fair few scratches on the motor.  Is it possible for stone chips to damage the alloys?  There are some small white chipped bits on the black area of the wheels.  I'm doing the two bucket method for washes but I'm almost of the opinion that I'm better off not washing the car because you don't notice these things otherwise!
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #892 on: 20 April 2014, 17:09 »
Dippy: Yep, it's possible to get stone chips on wheels, but much less likely than the front end of your car because your rubber is usually in the way of the car in front, but when clear lacquer chips or scratches, it looks white.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #893 on: 21 April 2014, 19:19 »
On Saturday.... gave her a good clean, gave her a polish and a couple of coats of C2v3 along with some gtechniq G1 on the glass.

Today - gave the inside a good clean and took her for a spin. Needs a wash again!

MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #894 on: 21 April 2014, 21:59 »

I took mine drag racing today at York Raceway. Best time on 1/4 mile was 15.05 seconds @94.55mph. I would love to know if anyone else has taken their mrk7 out to play on a drag strip yet, and what time did you do????  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 24 April 2014, 09:30 by Ginagee »
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #895 on: 23 April 2014, 21:35 »
Fitted a pair of Bosch Aerotwin wipers and initial impressions are full of win!!! 8)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #896 on: 23 April 2014, 21:38 »
Fitted a pair of Bosch Aerotwin wipers and initial impressions are full of win!!! 8)

They are excellent.  Switched to these last year after recommendation on here and massive improvement on the oem ones.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline hastd2

• Here all the time
  • Gti the Ultimate Hot Hatch...
« Reply #897 on: 24 April 2014, 23:06 »
Hi was wondering where you got these wiper blades from and what part number you used

Cheers
Doug
Build Week 11.04.16 - 2016 Mk7 Golf R, Lapiz Blue 5 door manual, 12 months R/Tax, 2 yrs free service, full tank of fuel, sure guard, and private plate transfer

2015 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Carbon Steel Grey, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

2013 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Pure White, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #898 on: 24 April 2014, 23:39 »
Hi was wondering where you got these wiper blades from and what part number you used

Cheers
Doug

Hi mate, ordered mine from here:-

https://www.windscreenwipersdirect.co.uk/

Just put your make/model etc in, they look almost identical to the OEM ones but work much better.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #899 on: 25 April 2014, 09:43 »
Should be the Bosch A864S??
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....