Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739740 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #860 on: 08 April 2014, 21:25 »
I know this is a bit of a marmite mod but I think I like it. It will only take take 2 mins to change back if I get bored  :whistle: :whistle:
I would have had this one licked a couple of weeks ago as I had planned to just change the bulbs as I had done in my Scirocco but the Mk7 has got sealed Led bulb holders rather than a bulb and holder.
Thanks to Sootchucker for the advice but eBay let me down. I couldn't find any bulb holders anywhere on there so bit the bullet and went to my local VW dealer thinking my under crackers would be around my ankles within seconds but no !!
2 genuine lamp units were only £9.12 each.    Part No:  V7L0 947 415
Delivered next day.
Excuse the poor photos but iPads don't do dark !! But you get the idea.

« Last Edit: 08 April 2014, 21:33 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #861 on: 08 April 2014, 21:28 »
Waited till it was lighter to change the bulbs I see lol good colour match?

Ha, well like you get bored so just ordered as set  :smiley:

Colour wise when you're looking at them outside (i.e. at the unit) they match perfectly, inside they look a little blue.  Perhaps the white would've been better?  Are the bulbs the same as for the fogs do you know?  Perhaps I'll order a white set if so.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #862 on: 08 April 2014, 21:29 »

2 genuine lamp units were only £9.12 each part No:  V7L0 947 415

Excellent work, I was trying to find some on ebay but no luck either.   Definitely my next mod :)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #863 on: 08 April 2014, 22:24 »
What do you mean by the fogs monsta? And I've never really seen them from inside the car only looked from the outside at them, maybe White will be better
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #864 on: 08 April 2014, 22:26 »
What do you mean by the fogs monsta? And I've never really seen them from inside the car only looked from the outside at them, maybe White will be better

The fog lights in the bumper, are they LED or Halogen? 

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #865 on: 08 April 2014, 22:28 »
Thought that's what you meant, no mate they are leds
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline boydeee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #866 on: 11 April 2014, 19:51 »
Whipped off the side badges the other day. I've never really been a fan of them, so popped them both off  :smiley:

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #867 on: 11 April 2014, 20:09 »
Washed and Parked in the Sunshine
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline lew321

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #868 on: 11 April 2014, 20:51 »
Finally uploaded the radio logos today.
Golf MK7 GTI Performance DSG, Carbon Grey, Pro Nav, Dyna Audio, Leather, Winter Pack, ACC, Park Assist, Keyless Entry, Rear Camera.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #869 on: 13 April 2014, 17:43 »
Gave my car a thorough clean and then a top-up C2V3 coat as the original coat now 7 months old was losing its water repellency. First time i've washed the car since it was taken to Benfield Silverlink to sort the snagging door seals under warranty. What do I see on the passenger wing (the same side the doors were sorted)? Within 1 square inch area there are 4 chips that have been crudely touched up with some clear lacquer - those feckers must have done it while sorting out my door - i'll be giving them a piece of my mind tomorrow, although they'll probably deny it. That's me done with Benfield - no more servicing or warranty work from me. Their bodyshop ruined my MK5 70TDI GT Sport with a very poorly executed repair, Scotswood road branch took my GTD out for a 28 mile joyride on a lunchtime following replacement of my suspension mount bearings on the morning, and now this.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.