Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740315 times)

Offline Ap69

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #750 on: 05 March 2014, 20:52 »
Tried out "Sport Mode" today (a small risk with only 200 miles on the clock) and the car went hyper! Quite impressive differences to the throttle response, gearshift program (on the DSG), steering feel and suspension (as I have ACC).

Interestingly the "soundaktor" (or what ever it's called) made it throatier, but gruffer. Not unpleasant under load but I quite like the natural thrum of the engine ....

If you wanna go fast get a Porsche :)
Golf Gti 3dr Night Blue Manual

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #751 on: 05 March 2014, 21:08 »
Tried out "Sport Mode" today (a small risk with only 200 miles on the clock) and the car went hyper! Quite impressive differences to the throttle response, gearshift program (on the DSG), steering feel and suspension (as I have ACC).

Interestingly the "soundaktor" (or what ever it's called) made it throatier, but gruffer. Not unpleasant under load but I quite like the natural thrum of the engine ....

car is only as fast as the pair of gonads driving it  :smiley:

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #752 on: 06 March 2014, 13:31 »

I save that for the weekends! :D
2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #753 on: 06 March 2014, 13:37 »

Car is only as fast as the pair of gonads driving it  :smiley:

Whatever works for you. If a male co-pilot helps you to go faster, then so be it! :D
2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #754 on: 06 March 2014, 13:52 »
Ordered a few bits and bobs such as a nice metal tax disc holder, nice dust caps, pressed plates etc... Just to cosmetically make my mark with it.

Also got all the products lined up for the full detailing session at the weekend. Can't wait, it will look amazing!

I've been looking for some good pressed plates. Where did you get yours from. I found some but I don't think they were road legal

Sorry for the delay guys. I bought the plates from here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171154960996&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

They state they are 100% road legal. I think it's to do with the reflectivity of the plate itself. They're excellent quality and have the all important BS stamp in the right hand corner:

Apologies for the pic orientation, phone was playing up!
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #755 on: 06 March 2014, 14:08 »

Sorry for the delay guys. I bought the plates from here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171154960996&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

They state they are 100% road legal. I think it's to do with the reflectivity of the plate itself. They're excellent quality and have the all important BS stamp in the right hand corner:

Apologies for the pic orientation, phone was playing up!

Looking good, what company name do they print on there? 

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #756 on: 06 March 2014, 15:13 »
Just says 'TNW SIGNS DA15 8DY' in the centre at the bottom in very small letters. I'll be fitting them on Saturday after giving the car its full detailing treatment!

MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #757 on: 06 March 2014, 15:59 »
Just says 'TNW SIGNS DA15 8DY' in the centre at the bottom in very small letters. I'll be fitting them on Saturday after giving the car its full detailing treatment!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Always fancied pressed plates!

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #758 on: 06 March 2014, 18:38 »
J birchy will you be using the free fixing kit or drilling a hole through them.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #759 on: 07 March 2014, 13:54 »
J birchy will you be using the free fixing kit or drilling a hole through them.

I'll be using the fixing kit, I don't like seeing screws on the plates, the fixing it allows it to be so much cleaner!