Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740019 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #670 on: 17 February 2014, 15:03 »
Stunning pictures mate. Looks a good location too.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #671 on: 19 February 2014, 18:31 »
Gave it a full snowfoam/2BM wash/dry & top up for c2v3 on Sunday and an ONR wash today and another coat of c2V3

MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #672 on: 19 February 2014, 19:38 »
Looks good. What's ONR?

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #673 on: 19 February 2014, 19:57 »
Washing the car without water.
Optimum No Rinse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15cMHR0a0Ok   :shocked: :shocked:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #674 on: 19 February 2014, 20:04 »
Yep - no access to hose where I was to rinse so use ONR sometimes. Impressed with it. Car was only had a light layer of dirt after doing 100 miles from Sunday.

Loads of info on detailing world about it.
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #675 on: 19 February 2014, 21:43 »
Will have to have a look. Could be handy in the winter/rainy days.

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #676 on: 19 February 2014, 21:56 »
Will have to have a look. Could be handy in the winter/rainy days.
In winter or if the car is particularly dirty I would advise a quick trip to the local jet wash (or pressure wash at home) just to blast off any big bits of crud and remove as much as possible to avoid any possible damage.

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #677 on: 21 February 2014, 09:28 »
I put my private plates on the GTi this morning. It doesn't look like just any GTi now, it's MINE!!!! ALL MINE!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
Although, I was a bit naffed off to see the rear number plate had scuffed off quite a bit of paint underneath the lower edge, revealing white under the paint. It's not visible under the new plates. But I wish it was perfect under there.
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #678 on: 21 February 2014, 10:49 »
I put my private plates on the GTi this morning. It doesn't look like just any GTi now, it's MINE!!!! ALL MINE!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
Although, I was a bit naffed off to see the rear number plate had scuffed off quite a bit of paint underneath the lower edge, revealing white under the paint. It's not visible under the new plates. But I wish it was perfect under there.
Yikes, get it repainted from dealership. Mine was fine when I took the original plates off  :smiley:
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #679 on: 21 February 2014, 11:18 »
Yikes, get it repainted from dealership. Mine was fine when I took the original plates off  :smiley:
Thanks 2014GTi :smiley:, but TBH it would take time & energy up, and I'm not keen on it being messed with when it's hidden anyway. It's not going to corrode, or get worse… so I'm going to leave it. I don't like that it's there, but I don't feel it's worth the hassle. :smiley:
2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.