Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2759796 times)

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #590 on: 04 February 2014, 15:58 »
Not today but Saturday, spent the morning at Shark lowering and then mapping the shark-in-the-box for a sweet 300bhp.

Wowsers, 300BHP?!

What springs did you go for?

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #591 on: 04 February 2014, 16:13 »
Not today but Saturday, spent the morning at Shark lowering and then mapping the shark-in-the-box for a sweet 300bhp.

Wowsers, 300BHP?!

What springs did you go for?

Well thats a bit confusing, initially i thought i was going for Eibach Sportlines (or in my words, Whatever was on that Milltek one) turns out theyre Prolines, but look at lot lower than the last prolines i installed 6 years ago so i wonder if there is going to be one type from Eibach on the mk7?

I am very happy with them, not too low and not too high, I would trade not scraping my gti on speedbumps for a few mm anyway.
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #592 on: 04 February 2014, 16:20 »

Well thats a bit confusing, initially i thought i was going for Eibach Sportlines (or in my words, Whatever was on that Milltek one) turns out theyre Prolines, but look at lot lower than the last prolines i installed 6 years ago so i wonder if there is going to be one type from Eibach on the mk7?

I am very happy with them, not too low and not too high, I would trade not scraping my gti on speedbumps for a few mm anyway.

Nice, got any pics?  Thinking of going VWR within mine...

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #593 on: 04 February 2014, 16:36 »

I should have my VWR's delivered in the next few days. When I'll get around to fitting them is the next question.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #594 on: 04 February 2014, 16:51 »
Fitted the lights from the rear of the Golf R  :cool:

Old on the left, new on the right  :smiley:

They look identical yet with a darker tint almost, would it not have been cheaper to have a SPi vision light kit instead?

A subtle but great mod. Your car would look pretty nice from the rear debadged as well.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #595 on: 04 February 2014, 16:54 »
A subtle but great mod. Your car would look pretty nice from the rear debadged as well.

Thinking of going black badges on the back like I did on the front;

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #596 on: 04 February 2014, 17:05 »

No mate, meant to clean it yesterday and take a photo but never got chance (too much tv to watch) and it'll be dark when i get home, maybe tomorrow or maybe next weekend tbh.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #597 on: 04 February 2014, 17:05 »

Thinking of going black badges on the back like I did on the front;

Was it a straight forward plug & play with the lights or did they require any sort of coding. The R headlights would be an awesome addition :smiley:

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #598 on: 04 February 2014, 17:25 »
Was it a straight forward plug & play with the lights or did they require any sort of coding. The R headlights would be an awesome addition :smiley:

Plug and play, really easy - just one bolt per outer cluster and two for the inner ones on the hatch. 

I suspect the headlights would be a bigger job!

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #599 on: 04 February 2014, 17:28 »

It's dark, but there she is