Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2740608 times)

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #440 on: 09 January 2014, 15:10 »
Before we all go crazy with these LED indicator replacements, I'd urge you to please compare the output of these LEDs against the stock halogen yourself in the daylight to ensure you're happy and aware of the difference, you may be surprised how much duller they are.

When I swapped mine out at night, I thought they were a little less bright but was willing to give it a go. What sealed the deal though, was when approaching my car in the daytime and unlocking I could barely see the indicators flash at all. Quite a significant difference, and potentially dangerous one at that.

At the moment, I don't personally feel these are up to the job, and don't want to risk other road users not seeing my intentions (even with the side mirror LED).

I know we are all enthralled in our new vehicles, and I'm always the first to try any new mods, but let's please not forget that your own and other road users safety should always be your priority.

Drive safe everyone.

edit: Consequently, if anyone's interested, I have a spare set of these now as I originally bought two sets but will be putting the indicator ones in the reversing light. £10 including postage, saves me returning them.

Which ones did you go for the ultra bright ones?  I can see my indicators reflecting in people's cars when I'm behind them, they're much brighter than the first set I bought (now in the reversing lights).

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #441 on: 09 January 2014, 15:25 »
Yep, the second set of LEDs that was found. I can see the LEDs reflected on cars in front, albeit still a bit dull, but it's the lack of visibility when looking head on at the front in daylight that I'm not too happy with..

If your's appear bright, then that's great, I may have got a bad batch, but not holding my breath!

I think an amber coloured set would be better as more of the LEDs output would be visible, but these don't appear to be available yet, and not sure if they will be.

Golf R headlamp retrofit..? Bit extreme maybe..end of the day, the rear LEDs are superb and look the dog's! That's what's seen the most.
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #442 on: 09 January 2014, 17:40 »
Fitted the official VW roof rack (just as a test, it's not staying on unless I need it)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #443 on: 11 January 2014, 16:45 »
As promised, before and after shots. Also, im off to the pics in an hour and then it will be dark so leaving spacers till tuesday (off to BCS tomorrow :grin:).

I had the lip left on the spoiler, what do people think?...

Right I know not all were Keen on the roof wrap going on the spoiler, well have no fear as I am fecking idiot with a jet wash and problem solved lol!

2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #444 on: 11 January 2014, 16:57 »
Put my bike on the roof for the first time  :smiley:

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #445 on: 11 January 2014, 17:50 »
Gave the it a much deserved clean today

Offline V5Ade

• Not said much yet
« Reply #446 on: 11 January 2014, 18:18 »
Gave the it a much deserved clean today

It looks great. I have a white 5 door on order and I've not been 100% sure it's the right colour, however the doubts have gone now I've seen yours.

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #447 on: 11 January 2014, 18:24 »
Looking good Darlo, I have a white 5 door based in Manchester too!

Hopefully see you around some time.

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline Darlo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #448 on: 11 January 2014, 18:30 »
Thanks guys. The GTI in pure white all cleaned up does look fantastic!

Hopefully see you are GTI7me.... Not seen many of us round these parts  :laugh:

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #449 on: 11 January 2014, 18:41 »
No you're right. I've only seen a white GTD around Manchester.

I believe there is going to be a GumBall meet at Trafford Park, I will be there with the GTI on display. No date confirmed yet, as soon as i find out i will post on here  :wink:

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist