Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2766106 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #240 on: 08 December 2013, 10:09 »
Amazing Kyle, too shiny to drive it now!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #241 on: 09 December 2013, 17:50 »
Today i learnt some things about the car (GTD), that i probably should have learnt or known already! But had been bugging me slightly. (First new car in quite a while!)

Why is stop start so intermittent!
Ahhhh Aircon!

Also (no pictures), but whyyyyy when i used VCDS to use fog lights instead of main beams on come home/leave home functions did they not come on? - ahhhhhhhhhh lights settings must be set to automatic, if off they wont work. (Not sure that was the case with the others? - but is the case with Foggies and auto...)

Anyway, i'm sure you all already knew those facts, but i'm happier now, hehe!
« Last Edit: 09 December 2013, 17:52 by noobmonkey »
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #242 on: 09 December 2013, 20:17 »
Also (no pictures), but whyyyyy when i used VCDS to use fog lights instead of main beams on come home/leave home functions did they not come on? - ahhhhhhhhhh lights settings must be set to automatic, if off they wont work. (Not sure that was the case with the others? - but is the case with Foggies and auto...)

Anyway, i'm sure you all already knew those facts, but i'm happier now, hehe!

Ooh you have VCDS and you're local  :wink:

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #243 on: 09 December 2013, 22:07 »
i do kinda, borrowing the cable from a work colleague, but you are more then welcome to pop by and use or i'll pop over that way :0 - not a problem at all :)

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #244 on: 11 December 2013, 21:02 »
i do kinda, borrowing the cable from a work colleague, but you are more then welcome to pop by and use or i'll pop over that way :0 - not a problem at all :)

Cheers, what have you done to yours? Quite fancy the chirp on lock/unlock... not really worth bothering you for though!

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #245 on: 11 December 2013, 21:05 »
Haha well, so far only the chirp on unlock) - decided I didn't want it on lock :P - and the foggies on coming/leaving home function :) - rather minimal so far, but looking through the options :)

Those ones are nice and easy to do. It does help that my wifi extends to my car, so i can just sit with the laptop and use the forum as i go :)

Really not a problem (And I'm in Brighton/hove on Friday for a meeting finishing at 4ish).

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #246 on: 11 December 2013, 21:06 »
Got a plain black magnetic tax disc holder on ebay and bought a GTI sticker seperately to go on it.

And voila!

Cheaper and easier to put a disc in than one of those fiddly richbrook ones  :smiley:

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #247 on: 11 December 2013, 21:10 »
Awesome job :0

Giggling slightly at the word "no" in the top right corner on that pic ;) - it's like it's telling you to try again :P

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #248 on: 11 December 2013, 21:27 »
Awesome job :0

Giggling slightly at the word "no" in the top right corner on that pic ;) - it's like it's telling you to try again :P

Ha ha, I actually cropped the original pic as it was taken on top of some post and my address was in full view.  I should've waited until it's in the windscreen but still waiting for the disc to arrive  :whistle:

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #249 on: 14 December 2013, 13:57 »
Dropped the car off for tints and roof wrap, I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but I'll put some before and after picks up when I get it back tomorrow
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG