Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2763286 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #50 on: 18 September 2013, 16:45 »
Dammit Joe, you have just ruined another surprise... now these are Flux's bulbs  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 18 September 2013, 17:09 »
I'd say you'll need double jointed toddler-sized hands to access the headlamp units... that's been my experience with previous cars!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 18 September 2013, 22:25 »
Dammit Joe, you have just ruined another surprise... now these are Flux's bulbs  :grin:

Double dammit - I left mine in my Scirocco!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 19 September 2013, 18:34 »
Idiots guide required  :smiley: How do you get the light casings off both the vanity lights and the boot light. I don't want to go in all guns blazing as I usually do and end up breaking something.

Cheers

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 19 September 2013, 18:43 »
For the vanity lights, at one end you will see a small slot, either put your fingernail or a small screwdriver in and gently lever out. Once out on one side, just use your fingers to pull the unit out -dead easy.

Same for the boot light, but ultimately I found that the light is actually clipped into a surround piece, that itself clips in tot he underside of the parcel shelf side runner from below. I just levered the whole surround piece out with my fingers as it was easier that way (see the photo I posted earlier for the surround).

For the cornering lights in the headlights (which I've just done), rotate clockwise the large round cover about 15 degrees until it comes off. The halogen bulb is then mounted in at an angle. To remove just pull down on the bulb / connector slightly, and the bulb unclips itself from the light (no wire spring clippy things to worry about). Withdraw the bulb and disconnect the black wiring connector. Replace with the new bulb, connect the wiring connector, and then snap the bulb back into its holder (just took a couple of attempts, but when it's in properly, its sits at the correct angle into the reflector basket.

The drivers side is easier as there is more room. On the passenger side, there is equipment quite close, but its totally doable without scraping your knuckles.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 19 September 2013, 18:52 »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 19 September 2013, 18:54 »
For the vanity lights, at one end you will see a small slot, either put your fingernail or a small screwdriver in and gently lever out. Once out on one side, just use your fingers to pull the unit out -dead easy.

Same for the boot light, but ultimately I found that the light is actually clipped into a surround piece, that itself clips in tot he underside of the parcel shelf side runner from below. I just levered the whole surround piece out with my fingers as it was easier that way (see the photo I posted earlier for the surround).

For the cornering lights in the headlights (which I've just done), rotate clockwise the large round cover about 15 degrees until it comes off. The halogen bulb is then mounted in at an angle. To remove just pull down on the bulb / connector slightly, and the bulb unclips itself from the light (no wire spring clippy things to worry about). Withdraw the bulb and disconnect the black wiring connector. Replace with the new bulb, connect the wiring connector, and then snap the bulb back into its holder (just took a couple of attempts, but when it's in properly, its sits at the correct angle into the reflector basket.

The drivers side is easier as there is more room. On the passenger side, there is equipment quite close, but its totally doable without scraping your knuckles.

What bulb is the cornering light mate?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 19 September 2013, 18:59 »
Thanks Guys  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Allya

• Not said much yet
« Reply #58 on: 19 September 2013, 19:18 »
Hi... What size of LEDs did you use for the footwell lights norbreck and are there two??

Thanks
Mk7 GTD, Tornado Red, 5 door, manual, Winter Pack, Dynaudio, Discover Navigation, Reversing Camera, High Beam Assist, Park Assist

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 19 September 2013, 19:32 »
I went down for a small investigation and I can see that the vanity mirror casings are a doddle as you say. The boot light however looks a bit more complicated. I managed to get the casing out easily enough but as you mentioned Norbreck it has a small metal plate protecting the bulb that is held in by a tiny piece of metal wire. You say you managed to remove this surround completely? I may have to take my time over this one  :grin: