Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2765761 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11420 on: 01 June 2021, 11:46 »
Gave the car a much overdue engine bay detail

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11421 on: 01 June 2021, 16:16 »
That's gleaming! It puts mine to shame :shocked:

Sootchucker; where did you get that battery cover from please? Looks much neater than that tatty fabric thing.
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11422 on: 01 June 2021, 22:00 »
That's gleaming! It puts mine to shame :o

Sootchucker; where did you get that battery cover from please? Looks much neater than that tatty fabric thing.

AliExpress
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #11423 on: 01 June 2021, 22:23 »

AliExpress

Do you have the link please as the last time I looked, there was different sizes. Thanks
2014 gti pp dsg

Offline nunchuck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11424 on: 01 June 2021, 23:27 »
That's gleaming! It puts mine to shame :shocked:

looks great , what cleaning products did you use
thanks

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #11425 on: 02 June 2021, 13:47 »
Today I’ve… agreed to sell it. All a bit sudden, but a little while ago I put my info into Motorway to see it’s likely value, just out of curiosity. The valuation was circa. £14.5k. I then got an email saying the valuation was £16,800, so I thought I’d complete the process, send pics, and actually speak to them. That led to it going up for sale with a reserved of £17,250. It sold for just over £17,700.

I’m now in contact with a dealer who’s buying it, and spending my time on Autotrader working out what’s next. Oh, and I asked DMS to remove the remap today… that was a shocker on the way home!

Funny how things work out sometimes.

What age spec and mileage is it? Would you reccomend selling that way then I have thought about giving it a try but don't know anyone else who has used motorway.

Standard non-PP GTi, DSG, 5-door, MK7.5, 17’ plate. Boggo standard, 49k miles.

So far Motorway themselves have been superb. The process is easy, their comms is good, they’ve followed up since I agreed a deal to make sure everything was OK and the buyer had been in touch.

At the moment I’m in the hands of the buyer. They’ve contacted me for info (service history, photo of the V5C, bank details, etc) and I’m now just waiting for a collection date from the third party they use.
This is the bit that’s likely to vary each time; Motorway are on the sideline at the moment and I imagine some buyers are better to deal with than others.

From what I’ve experienced so far I’d definitely recommended it. The process and service has been great and the price was higher than I expected… I just hope the buyers collection service hurry up now!

Thanks sounds decent may give them a go when I sell mine  :smiley:
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11426 on: 02 June 2021, 14:47 »

AliExpress

Do you have the link please as the last time I looked, there was different sizes. Thanks

It was from a seller on Aliexpress called Autogo store, and was listed as "Engine Protective Cover Battery Dustproof Waterproof Protective Cover for Skoda Kodiaq Octavia 5E (A7) for VW Tiguan L 16-18"

Unfortunately when I went back into my account, this seller doesn't seem to sell them anymore - sorry

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11427 on: 02 June 2021, 14:52 »

looks great , what cleaning products did you use
thanks

Nothing special really. Used my Meguiars APC (diluted 2:1) in a spray bottle and an assortment of detailing brushes of different sizes,  working into all the little nooks and crannies. Then used a hose pipe with a very small and fine stream to target a wash down afterwards (avoiding any major electrical items). Dried off with a number of pre-used microfibre towels. All plastics then dressed with Aerospace 101 protectant, and some of the shiny metal pipes cleaned with a metal polish and buffed up.

To be honest, it wasn't filthy to begin with (as I do try and keep on top of it), but was more dusty than anything.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #11428 on: 02 June 2021, 16:05 »
Booked my car in to have the fuel flap sorted out before the expiry of my original warranty and have the car checked for any potential problems. Connected to We Connect Go for the first time in ages and it updated the control modules. It showed two potential faults, one for ABS and the other for Engine Management but there are no warning lights on the dash. The inspection next week will tell. I spoke to the service dept who tell me I have no software updates due.The app also kindly told me I have driven efficiently 96%, 96% gentle driving style, 89% brake and  91% acceleration, amongst other analytics. I am not sure if that’s a compliment or criticism! 😂 I also received an email from VW offering me savings to buy an extended warranty which the service manger says he will discuss with me when I take the car in. 🤔
« Last Edit: 02 June 2021, 16:12 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11429 on: 06 June 2021, 14:44 »
Resprayed my hubs as at the weekend I thought I'd paint two gloss black to see how they blended into the car, then hated them pretty much straight away. So found a spare few hours and jacked it up and stripped all four of them back to bare metal and then gave them 3 coats of graphene primer then 3 coats of Hammerite smooth silver paint.

Excuse the dirty alloys.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/