Author Topic: Gave HIC a ring..  (Read 1680 times)

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
Gave HIC a ring..
« on: 12 May 2008, 12:28 »
Gave them a ring on Saturday through our special number hoping to speak to Martin but I spoke to another person. I was told by them that they would not insure someone under 21 on anything with gti in it's name, so was passed to another department. Was told the same thing by them and passed to someone else (it seemed like they passed me to another company? Adrian Flux perhaps?) and was told the same by them, so I asked for a quote on a PD130 mk4 golf instead and was told they couldn't give me a quote as I wasn't planning it in the next 30 days.

I tried to explain that I'd been told HIC can be alot cheaper than other insurers and was looking to see a round about figure (if I could get it under a grand) just to give me a rough idea to help me decide which car to buy next but I was still not allowed to get a quote!

So are they right that HIC won't insure me (19) for a gti? Wish I knew when you were working, Martin so I could talk to you!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Gave HIC a ring..
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2008, 12:30 »
Gave them a ring on Saturday through our special number hoping to speak to Martin but I spoke to another person. I was told by them that they would not insure someone under 21 on anything with gti in it's name, so was passed to another department. Was told the same thing by them and passed to someone else (it seemed like they passed me to another company? Adrian Flux perhaps?) and was told the same by them, so I asked for a quote on a PD130 mk4 golf instead and was told they couldn't give me a quote as I wasn't planning it in the next 30 days.

I tried to explain that I'd been told HIC can be alot cheaper than other insurers and was looking to see a round about figure (if I could get it under a grand) just to give me a rough idea to help me decide which car to buy next but I was still not allowed to get a quote!

So are they right that HIC won't insure me (19) for a gti? Wish I knew when you were working, Martin so I could talk to you!

Best bet is to drop Martin a PM with your number in and arrange a time for him to call you. He's a top bloke and has recently sorted out my insurance on my passat and my Dad on his Bora TDI.

Nick

Offline Llewellyn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2008, 13:22 »
Im insured with them, I'm 20 and own a GTI

They have always been totally helpful in every way, even when not speaking to Martin.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2008, 13:24 by Jimothy »

Mk2 GTI 16v
Mk2 Scirocco 8v

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2008, 15:55 »
Out of curiosity, how much are you paying for yours at 20? I'll drop him a PM then :)

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2008, 08:59 »
Hi Jamie,

yeah was not in saturday, they let me out for once to enjoy the sun!  :cool:

It is possible to be insured on a gti at 19 but its dependant on a lot of other factors, more so than if you where a few years older (eg how long you had your licence etc.) and its a lot harder to get you a deal.

Send me your number mate and i will give you a bell (or am in til 6pm today)

Martin  :smiley: