Author Topic: 2016 model year changes  (Read 33543 times)

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
Re: 2016 model year changes
« Reply #20 on: 06 April 2015, 23:26 »
Does the tracker get updated every day or is it just a Friday ?

Waiting for the tracker to move from stage 2 to BW confirmed? If so then snap. Might give the dealer a call tomorrow.
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 06 April 2015, 23:47 »
It can change to the next stage on any day of the week.

Offline Jimi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 07 April 2015, 00:52 »
Does anyone think it'd be possible to CarNet-enable a Gen 1 Discover Nav system?
Australian spec MY14 GTI | Pure White | Manual | Bi-Xenons as an option (vs UK: minus LED tails, plus DCC, plus RVC, plus Discover Nav).

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #23 on: 07 April 2015, 08:23 »
Does anyone think it'd be possible to CarNet-enable a Gen 1 Discover Nav system?

It was only an option on NavPro and only in certain countries... eg Germany.

When your car was from a place where they didn't want you to have it, the unit in the glovebox didn't even have provision for the sim car or wifi...

So unless you can retrofit that, absolutely not.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 07 April 2015, 08:48 »
"Inflationary increase" - greedy b'stards, the pound is 12% stronger against the Euro than it was a year ago and they already had a rise in November. There is price protection applied when you have an order accepted at the factory, although it can be wriggled out of if you want to modify your order after a price increase.

Cheek, greedy, devils. Daylight robbery. :angry:

They have dropped the APR% to 6.3% (GTD/R) and 6.4% (GTI) for those PCPing.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline gitsy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 07 April 2015, 11:47 »
There's a write up here of VW's App-Connect system. It looks good to me if I've understood it correctly - you should basically be able to shift your smartphone's technology straight into your dash.

I'm currently an unconfirmed BW20 but am tempted to see if I can get a delay and add this on for £100.
MkVI GTI / 3dr / DSG / Carbon Grey / 18" Monzas / RCD510 / Dynaudio / Xenons / Lux Pack / Reversing Cam - STOLEN

Mk7 GTI PP / 3dr / DSG / Limestone Grey / 19" Santiagos / DCC / Dynaudio / Keyless / Reversing Cam - ORDERED

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 07 April 2015, 12:09 »

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 07 April 2015, 13:07 »
The BW22 updates involve Carnet...
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/electric-technology/car-net

I wish I had these with my R. And I suppose it cannot be retro-coded?
My BMW had this and it was a boon in the winter to warm up the car etc and for car location.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 07 April 2015, 13:20 »
Hmm, reading through this link - the pre-heating ability would only work for a plug-in car such as e-Golf or GTE (so long as its plugged in).

Otherwise there is no heat source  :rolleyes:

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 07 April 2015, 15:20 »
"Inflationary increase" - greedy b'stards, the pound is 12% stronger against the Euro than it was a year ago and they already had a rise in November. There is price protection applied when you have an order accepted at the factory, although it can be wriggled out of if you want to modify your order after a price increase.

Cheek, greedy, devils. Daylight robbery. :angry:

Have just spoken to my dealer and he has told me that when I collect my car I will have the latest offers (Slightly lower APR i think and the higher dealer deposit). Right result, few pennies saved and the extra £500 deposit offsets my tech pack upgrade!!

They have dropped the APR% to 6.3% (GTD/R) and 6.4% (GTI) for those PCPing.
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless