Author Topic: Test drives of other cars  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Test drives of other cars
« Reply #30 on: 02 April 2015, 10:36 »
Can I carry your brother's bags please  :grin: :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 02 April 2015, 10:44 »
Can I carry your brother's bags please  :grin: :grin:

I wouldn't if I were you - he wouldn't pay you - which is why he is rich  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 02 April 2015, 10:48 »

Like that story Mark

Worked out well, i'd take a 911 over an R8 any day of the week

Do you know what, I wouldn't!  The 911 was amazing there is no doubt, but the R8 (which he did get 6 months later - from a different dealer lol - before switching back to a Porsche Turbo S) was unreal - my favourite car ever that I've driven.  You just feel like Tony Stark when you're driving it around  :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 02 April 2015, 16:44 »
This is a really interesting thread, and it's good to see how people's experiences are on this forum and I wonder what the owners of the other marques would say regarding any negativity to VW dealers when they did their own dealership visits.

What's quite interesting is that it is all German marques 'we' seem to be looking at aside from the odd peek at a Focus ST or similar.

And on top of that when looking around the forums it's also the German marques that seem to be a hit with the thieving low lifes too so it's fairly clear that the German marques are the ones that have successfully set themselves up for the aspirational buyers with BMW seemingly having taken the company car market away from the likes of Ford and Vauxhall. Ford now seems to market 'lifestyle' type cars rather than the company car saloons and medium hatchbacks that used to be their staple diet and Vauxhall are just flooding the small car market with colourful Corsas.
Ok, not exactly an exhaustive bit of market research but it shows what the demography of this forum is and how certain brands appeal to 'us' and how quickly our shortlists come down to certain models very quickly despite the literally hundreds of cars available on the market.

Mind you, I'd much rather be in Matchboy's brother's shoes financially than my own!!!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 02 April 2015, 16:58 »
My favourite car at the present is the BMW i8. Just loved the way it could have fitted into my life whilst raping my bank balance!

I agree with Matchboy. The R8 is terrific and I preferred it to a Porsche.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 02 April 2015, 17:39 »
My favourite car at the present is the BMW i8. Just loved the way it could have fitted into my life whilst raping my bank balance!

I've never driven either/any.

I guess I could have bought one if I hadn't moved house but I'd rather keep my feet on the ground.
The company my friend works at has just taken delivery of an i8 plus a couple V8 Jag sports cars, one soft top and one hard top.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 02 April 2015, 17:58 »
I've never driven either/any.
I guess I could have bought one if I hadn't moved house but I'd rather keep my feet on the ground.
The company my friend works at has just taken delivery of an i8 plus a couple V8 Jag sports cars, one soft top and one hard top.

I've driven the i8 recently at its launch. It really is the future. I loved it. Nice to dream.

My local BMW and VW Dealerships are great. But the Audi/Merc ones are a bit tight arsed. The Audi one is the flagship store on the A4. The VW Dealership will be moving to their mega Flagship 8 or 9 storey premises in June. They will also be selling Skodas but not Seats.

I must admit the 7R is better made than my 6GTI and the recently departed and sorely missed BMW. It took a few visits to sort the BMW but after that it was totally fault-free. Great car, great tech and a peachy 6cyl Diesel with that fantastic ZF 8sp Auto Gearbox.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2015, 18:01 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 02 April 2015, 18:21 »
On the other hand I've found the service from Audi to be above everyone else. Craig will disagree with me here  :laugh:

You drive to the gate, and the guy at the entrance asks why you are there. He then radios down to the showroom and asks you to drive down.

2 guys come out from the showroom one takes pictures around the car especially the wheels then parks it.

When you go in the showroom the receptionist knows who you are and tells you who will be dealing with you then sits you down with a drink of your choice.

I know its only small touches but 'll gladly pay more for my car to be looked after this way.
if that's Glasgow audi your meaning I am with craig on this they are muppets  :angry: :angry: that bad my car has a recall on it and its going to stirling to be done rather than have Glasgow audi near it