Author Topic: Time to sell the car  (Read 9594 times)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Re: Time to sell the car
« Reply #40 on: 30 March 2015, 23:47 »
No car remains perfect for long.

I remember my mk6 being double keyed in the first week. :sick:

A good scratch repairer, dent man and detailer are good people to know.

Yes, it costs money to keep it looking good. The reward for spending the money is given daily by the car.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline hardmonkeys

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #41 on: 31 March 2015, 02:13 »
Bad scratch on quarter (not sure how but reckon it was the wife's ring its inline with the handle)

Your wife's ring is level with the handle? Must be taller than mine then...

Sorry, couldn't resist  :laugh:

:shocked: :shocked: there's always one!!   :laugh: lol
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 31 March 2015, 09:29 »
Rather than lose £4k, keep the car, surely someone can't cause that much damage in future in a parking accident? Get a front and back dashcam that runs on battery pack when parked, or at least switches on with impact detected, catch the feckers in the act. Will be doing just that for mine. I try to take the Sheldon Cooper approach to parking spot choices.

Seems the best idea, especially for the moronic types that key cars...

I know the feeling of having your car dented more than once in short space of time and it is irritating but you'd still rather be driving the car you're in than something older or 'lesser'.

Some of this also sounds like being precious of a new item, I think most people are like this with new and expensive purchases. To me it's just as annoying for a £3k car to be dented and scratched as it is for a £30k car. If you don't repair it on the £3k car it still looks sh!t!

You have to learn to enjoy the car and not continually worry about superficial damage. Be happy you have a car that many people cannot afford to run or buy :smiley:.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 01 April 2015, 13:22 »
Costco car parks are perfect. I don't know if its because they are angled or because they are slightly wider or both.

I was reading the other month that car parking space has stayed the same size despite cars getting bigger every year. No wonder folk are constantly getting dings.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 01 April 2015, 13:39 »
Costco car parks are perfect. I don't know if its because they are angled or because they are slightly wider or both.

I was reading the other month that car parking space has stayed the same size despite cars getting bigger every year. No wonder folk are constantly getting dings.

Costco spaces are very wide, and they have around 16" border between spaces in addition, for you to open the doors.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #45 on: 01 April 2015, 13:43 »
Is that because Costco know their customers are wider too ;-)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 01 April 2015, 13:43 »
Whether its a sh!tter or a brand new car, its still going to p!ss you off no matter what if it gets dinked or scratched.  When I had a Mk1 TT for the summer some (unt keyed the bonnet in a supermarket car park (the car was black so showed up immediately) - that car only cost £4k but I was just as p!ssed off as when some dumb a$s woman let her 5 year old child open her car door onto my month old GTI  :angry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 01 April 2015, 14:03 »
Yeah unless you bought a car for a few £££ and it was already scratched like the Skoda I bought then you will be still p!ssed off about it.
I also used the Skoda as a test piece for my recently acquired rotary polisher so it was a win win for me  :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14