Author Topic: Time to sell the car  (Read 9593 times)

Offline ChrisUK01

• Not said much yet
Time to sell the car
« on: 29 March 2015, 20:34 »
Hi,

I have had my car close to six months and in that time it has had the body work damaged twice now just leaving it parked in a supermarket carpark and in front of my garage.

It just does not seem to be worth having a nice car so I am getting the latest damage fixed and then I am going to dealer and losing 4K getting rid of the car.

Just really f*cks me off that you do not seem to be able have anything decent with out it being damaged and from what I have read on the forum stolen.

So I am going to buy a sh!t heap for 3K not sure what to get for that?

Chris

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
Re: Time to sell the car
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2015, 20:52 »
Totally know where your coming from dude, unfortunatly in this world you can keep nothing good, no matter how much you try its other people with no respect just ruin it.
I always park my car in the furthest place from where I'm going, ie no one parked within 20 spaces of me, come back and 9/10 there will be a car parked 2 feet from me  :cry: makes my blood boil.
To most people a car is just a car, a means of getting about and they couldn't care a less about it getting damaged, but they don't consider the other person who's car is their pride and joy :angry:

PS I tried the sh!t heap car thing years ago, lasted 2 months and I bought something nice again, life's too short fella enjoy it while you can :smiley:
« Last Edit: 29 March 2015, 20:56 by Cossieian »
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline hardmonkeys

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2015, 20:58 »
Know how you feel, I had my Audi a day, and next doors cats used the roof and boot as a scratch post!! (They'd only moved or a week before!!) was not impressed.

Hope you make the right decision mate!!
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk

Offline ChrisUK01

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2015, 21:16 »
Thanks guys!

I do the park miles away from the shop and like you I come back and someone has left a trolley in the carpark near my car of just crappy parking near my car.

Just can do without the anger.

It was the wife that dinged the door a really windy day a gust of wind and probably 500 pounds worth of damage I am guessing!

I hope I can do more than 2 months with a sh!t heap, have been looking on auto trader and have no idea what to get.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2015, 21:18 »
Hi,

I have had my car close to six months and in that time it has had the body work damaged twice now just leaving it parked in a supermarket carpark and in front of my garage.

It just does not seem to be worth having a nice car so I am getting the latest damage fixed and then I am going to dealer and losing 4K getting rid of the car.

Just really f*cks me off that you do not seem to be able have anything decent with out it being damaged and from what I have read on the forum stolen.

So I am going to buy a sh!t heap for 3K not sure what to get for that?

Chris
get yourself an old s3 an map it or up the budget to 5k get a focus st or mk5 gti  :smiley:

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2015, 21:21 »
To be fair for 3k it will be far from a sh!t heap lol
For that money I'd be looking for a MK4 Anniversary, maybe a touch more for a good one
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2015, 21:24 »
Rather than lose £4k, keep the car, surely someone can't cause that much damage in future in a parking accident? Get a front and back dashcam that runs on battery pack when parked, or at least switches on with impact detected, catch the feckers in the act. Will be doing just that for mine. I try to take the Sheldon Cooper approach to parking spot choices.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2015, 21:26 »
Old Seat Cupra?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 29 March 2015, 21:43 »
I  try to take the Sheldon Cooper approach to parking spot choices.

Lol, but do you remember Shelley's disastrous attempt at virtual driving!

OP - it's a great shame that a couple of knocks see you considering getting rid of the car.  Honestly, I know it's frustrating when people don't give a toss about other's property, but why should you suffer.  Keep the car and fingers crossed you've had your quota already and the rest of your ownership may be incident free.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ChrisUK01

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 29 March 2015, 22:00 »
lol catch the wife dinging it again!

I am paying 400 quid a month for the next 4.5 years, it is not worth it if I keep getting knocks because I cannot enjoy the car.