Author Topic: Gti specific mudflaps  (Read 7556 times)

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
Re: Gti specific mudflaps
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2015, 21:34 »
Can I ask what people's opinions are on these? So many of you have any? I live in Ireland and the roads aren't as clean as they are in the UK. I've always had mudflaps but am torn if I'll get some on my GTi when it comes?

GHWALES

« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2015, 21:47 »
HI Damo7, I presently have a 2012 TDI ,GT, DGS,  and frequently travel with a tow bar mounted bike rack & a couple of bikes to France. Without mudflaps, I cannot imagine what state the bikes would be in at the end of the journey. Would not be without them, even if they do not look "the part" on my GT or on my shortly to be delivered GTI. I have also driven in Ireland and appreciate your concern about the state of your roads.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2015, 21:50 by GHWALES »

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2015, 22:29 »
Thanks GH, I think I'll get some! Better safe than sorry. Car will still be awesome

Offline bri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 19 March 2015, 23:45 »
Thanks GH, I think I'll get some! Better safe than sorry. Car will still be awesome

im in the same boat, not sure about how they will look on my car but i can see that they would be useful , car is in
s**te a few days following cleaning :cry:

MK7 GOLF GTD .CARBON STEEL GREY MET.S+S

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 20 March 2015, 11:55 »

im in the same boat, not sure about how they will look on my car but i can see that they would be useful , car is in
s**te a few days following cleaning :cry:

I honestly wouldn't bother. I'm in Ireland too, I've never put mudflaps on this car or any previous car! They're only good for stopping heavy muck / cow dung from spraying up onto your lower sills IMO. They will be next to useless for general road mess / spray on our many wet miserable days. The back of the Golf gets filthy very quickly, its due to the shape of the car and the little mudflaps will do little or nothing to prevent that. And they look awful IMO.

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

JMs_ GTI

« Reply #15 on: 20 March 2015, 12:30 »
White GTI 3 door with Mudflaps and the car is still a nightmare to keep clean (Irish weather, country back roads and farmers dont help!  :angry: ).
The car looks better without them tbh but I cant imagine how hard it would to be keep without the mudflaps I am sure they help if only a little.

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 20 March 2015, 14:18 »
About 20 miles of my daily commute is on back roads to avoid traffic into Galway City, I don't want to take away from the good looks of the car but I also don't want to destroy it with muck! Might wait and see how it goes and I can always add them after if needs be!

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 20 March 2015, 15:45 »
About 20 miles of my daily commute is on back roads to avoid traffic into Galway City, I don't want to take away from the good looks of the car but I also don't want to destroy it with muck! Might wait and see how it goes and I can always add them after if needs be!

So you are based around Galway too Damo? I'll have to keep an eye out for you  :wink:

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 20 March 2015, 15:49 »
Yes Joe, were you parked at UCHG bout 3 weeks ago? I saw white 3 door?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 20 March 2015, 16:21 »
Yes Joe, were you parked at UCHG bout 3 weeks ago? I saw white 3 door?

Haha yes I was! My wife was in having a baby  :grin: