Author Topic: Build week 10  (Read 4857 times)

Offline hastd2

• Here all the time
  • Gti the Ultimate Hot Hatch...
Re: Build week 10
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2015, 17:04 »
Hi am a BW 10 aswell, and mine has arrived at Tyneside today. was in past the dealer and they are hoping to see my Gti PP next week. This is my 2nd Gti Performance and after the hassle I had with my 1st one it hasnt put me off getting an other as they are great cars...you will love the Gti feel.. :whistle:

I was told today by my dealer to type TYE 837 - (ships ID) into marine shipping and it didnt come up with anything!!!
am i missing something???
Build Week 11.04.16 - 2016 Mk7 Golf R, Lapiz Blue 5 door manual, 12 months R/Tax, 2 yrs free service, full tank of fuel, sure guard, and private plate transfer

2015 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Carbon Steel Grey, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

2013 Mk7 Gti 5 DR, Pure White, Performance Pack, Keyless Entry, Vienna Leather, and Sat Nav.

Offline somersetred

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2015, 19:46 »
Great, fantastic to hear so many positive comments from so many of you about the car.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.  Having had a 2.5 litre focus st in the past I eventually decided to trade it in for something a little more fuel efficient.  I've really missed the sound and feel of a petrol though so am excited about getting what seems to be an amazing mixture of performance and relative economy.  Just wishing it was a little closer to the uk like hastd2 - apparently it's waiting to be allocated to a ship.  So could well be some time yet.
GTI pp tornado red

Offline somersetred

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 01 April 2015, 17:39 »
Picking it up tomorrow, just over 2 weeks at Emden and a little over a week at Sheerness, not too bad.
GTI pp tornado red

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 01 April 2015, 18:43 »
Wow your lucky. My R BW 10 is still stuck at Emden.  Along with many others. Dealer told me that it's back logged at Port so effects what they send. Seems a lot worse than a yr ago at this time of yr. Crazy shipping times For vw
GTI PP,CSG, dsg, DCC, keyless, park assist 19"Santiagos.
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Golf R on order. 5dr dsg, 19", keyless.
Passat Estate Biturbo Black, on order.

Offline somersetred

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 01 April 2015, 19:28 »
Sorry to hear that.  I've been reading the r build week thread a lot and there does seem to be some inconsistency in how long it takes for the cars to arrive.  Shame yours is taking so long, if it's any consolation I did put my initial order in September.
GTI pp tornado red

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 01 April 2015, 19:39 »
Yeah there seems to be no proper system of them being shipped with bw 11 cars already being delivered etc.
Reading the R forum is painful. Lol
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 09 April 2015, 21:19 »
Any 1 else still waiting for a bw 10 car to be delivered?  There seems to major logistics issues at Emden. ?
Climate windscreen, Nav.

GHWALES

« Reply #17 on: 09 April 2015, 21:46 »
GTI : DSG: CarbonGrey: Winter Pack

BW 10, left the factory on 6th March and still on the dockside at Emden.

Does anyone know what is causing the delay?

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2015, 21:58 »
Hi
There appears to be a lot of cars stuck bw 9,10,11 and even some 7.
Lots of conspiracy theory's as vw don't seem to have a sensible answer. Possible recalls or damage etc.
my Bw 11 Passat has arrived while my bw 10 R is stuck since before 16th March with no end in sight...lots on the R forum on this btw..
intresting to see what other cars are stuck..?
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Offline Schuey

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 09 April 2015, 22:02 »
I have had similar issues & have been repeatedly fobbed off by Vindis about delivery of my car. Apparently it is now in a UK compound based on info I got yesterday.

How long should this really take? They say 2-3 weeks more? I mean really? Chuck some number plates on it & I'll sort the rest myself.

I have been waiting almost 6 months, yet only get feedback when I chase them. Fed up to be honest.