Author Topic: Advice needed: rejection  (Read 2865 times)

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
Advice needed: rejection
« on: 15 March 2015, 18:10 »
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice. My GTI has had a long list of problems, some of which are still outstanding.

My car is now just over a year old and has now totalled around 10 faults.( one every 6 weeks).

I have had no less that 25 visits to my dealer and been given 7-8 different curtesy cars, leaving me without my car for around 2-3 weeks.

3 weeks ago I had my flywheel and clutch replaced (faulty)

Last week for gearbox started to fail, now I can't use 1st or 2nd gear....

I have done 28k as its a business lease. Do I have any options to force a rejection at this stage or is it tough s**t?
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Advice needed: rejection
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2015, 18:30 »
Nothing is impossible, but it is very hard to reject a car after 6 months. Starting point is to tot up how long you've not had the car - has it been with the dealership for a quarter of the time you've had it? You mentioned having courtesy cars 2-3 weeks (in total, or at a time for some of the bigger jobs?).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2015, 14:31 »
I have been in contact with VWFS and customer care for the last week or so and have been broadcasting our conversions on Facebook for people to follow.

I may be able to reject this one if I sign a new lease for another car. They have found me a DSG R with discovery pro, DCC, leather and winter pack. Currently working out the final bits so hopefully will be out of my GTI and into an R shortly
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2015, 15:11 »
I'd get rid of all the modification lists in your sig if you're broadcasting it to all and sundry.
Good luck with getting shot of it and better luck with the new R.
Don't forget to put the reg no. up on here when it goes so prospective purchasers can avoid it like the plague!!!!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2015, 16:52 »
MMM

Flywheel + clutch + gearbox
                                          +
                                        Revo

Does make you question the possible reason for multiple drivetrain failures....or maybe uprelated..?

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #5 on: 26 March 2015, 17:03 »
~50% more power and then surprised it blows up....  :whistle:

2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2015, 17:51 »
To be fair the revo map hasn't been on for 3 weeks and all of the drivetrain failures went whilst it was in stock. I have also had anothet 12 faults on the car since registration last March.

I am keeping the R stock lol

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2015, 11:15 »
All agreed, I no longer own a GTI and will be getting my R in 2-3 weeks.

:)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2015, 15:05 »
Congrats, that was a quick turnaround, thankfully it must have been hassle free for the rejection?
Hopefully the R will behave much better. Is it a DSG so you can keep the gearbox and clutch woes at bay?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 28 March 2015, 16:36 »
Congrats, that was a quick turnaround, thankfully it must have been hassle free for the rejection?
Hopefully the R will behave much better. Is it a DSG so you can keep the gearbox and clutch woes at bay?

As opposed to mechatronic woes?  :grin: Man/DSG, they're as good/bad as each other on the reliability front early days, but if your clutch hasn't gone within 10k miles and you don't remap then the manual is probably a safer bet long term IMO.

Either way, great news for remlapeel, and 2/3 weeks, a cancelled order just been built and on its way?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.