Author Topic: Identifying 45D4 Update  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Derv_Driver

• Not said much yet
Identifying 45D4 Update
« on: 12 March 2015, 18:59 »
Is there a way to identify if a car has had the 45D4 recall update? I only took delivery of my GTD in December 2014 so as this is a while after the recall Is it fair to say my car has already had this change done at the factory?

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
Re: Identifying 45D4 Update
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2015, 21:16 »
The "Service Update 45D4" was issued on 2 April 2014.

It covered several measures over different models of Golf (both Petrol and Diesel) so I'd say yes you would be OK with a build date of October /November and delivery December 2014.

Mine was updated at a normal service visit with a sticker to the effect put in the spare wheel well.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2015, 21:19 by TwoSheds »

Offline Derv_Driver

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2015, 21:35 »
Thanks for that, where about in the spare wheel well is it? Under the actual wheel?

My car is forgetting the driver profile engine mode despite the display saying sport etc. 45D4 has cured this for some other owners but it's unlikely I will get an update if it's already applied. Some believe the upgrade process is perhaps inadvertently fixing an ECU glitch or Corruption rather than the actual content of the new software.

Hope I get to the bottom of it anyway.

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2015, 22:16 »
The dealer applied '45D4' sticker on mine is on the top edge of the left-hand side of the well (not under the wheel)

I only noticed the sticker a couple of days ago when changing my winter wheels back to summer wheels.

Offline Derv_Driver

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2015, 22:45 »
Will give mine a good look, but I think the actual well  for the space saver and surrounding floor is carpeted on mine. have they stuck it to the carpet then?

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2015, 23:08 »
Yes they have..

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2015, 23:11 »
Yes they have or it might have been on the top of the polystyrene frame for the brace/locking key etc one of the two..

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2015, 07:34 »
The 45d4 update was for the brake ecu and nothing to do with driver profile fix. I'd be surprised if the wheel well is carpeted also as it's not something VW do. A photo to prove I'm wrong will suffice though. The only way to rectify the driver profile error is to visit the dealer and let them reset the basic settings.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Derv_Driver

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2015, 15:43 »
Here's my carpeted boot and no stickers. I did a reset myself via the dash board but if you think the dealer one is different I will pop in and see if they will try that initially.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2015, 17:27 »
I'm positive my boot floor isn't carpeted. It'll need to be a dealer reset of the basic settings.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.