Author Topic: Heated seat warmth a bit.....pathetic ?  (Read 11358 times)

Offline DasAuto

• Just got here
Re: Heated seat warmth a bit.....pathetic ?
« Reply #10 on: 13 November 2013, 21:27 »
My GTi drivers seat bottom warmer is not as hot or as fast heating up on 1,2, or 3 as my previous 3 Sirocco's were. Does the job though. To be fair on the Sirocco I  thought the seat heating was sometimes uncomfortably hot.
Golf Mk 2 CL GL Driver Mk 3 Gti V5 Mk 4 TSI MK 5 GTi Scirocco TSI x 3 Mk 6 TSI
GTi Mk7 O White DSG PP DCC NavPro  Titan Leather Sunroof Keyless 3 Door

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 November 2013, 08:20 »
I was chatting to my dealer last week when I was in picking up some screen wash, and he said "are you in the car now ?" I said yes, and within minutes, my master tech friend had it in the back with the computer hooked up. Moments later he came back saying "I've tweaked the settings, they were a little low".

Tried the heated seats the next day and it's a revelation, every bit as hot and as quick to heat up as the Rocco was. Interestingly, only the driver seat needed tweaking, the passenger seat heated up no problem, so I guess it just wasn't programmed right at the factory ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 14 November 2013, 08:45 »
Is seat heat warmth tied in with aircon eco setting? Just thinking if you set your aircon to eco to save fuel, maybe the car saves a bit of energy by only putting out a moderate heat with the seats also?

I think that this is probably clutching at straws... fuel consumption benefit of reducing the current drawn by the heated seats would be so insignificant that I doubt you could measure it... It certainly wouldn't be worth the effort...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline DaveyGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 15 January 2014, 22:19 »
I was chatting to my dealer last week when I was in picking up some screen wash, and he said "are you in the car now ?" I said yes, and within minutes, my master tech friend had it in the back with the computer hooked up. Moments later he came back saying "I've tweaked the settings, they were a little low".

Tried the heated seats the next day and it's a revelation, every bit as hot and as quick to heat up as the Rocco was. Interestingly, only the driver seat needed tweaking, the passenger seat heated up no problem, so I guess it just wasn't programmed right at the factory ?

Interesting! Do you know what he actually did? Surely VCDS must have a setting, I notice mine take a good few (5+) mins to actually heat up

Offline FNJ-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 16 January 2014, 08:52 »
I find them to heat up within a few minutes and to get very hot and toasty on three bars. Never had heated seat before so they are probably one of my favourite features of the car. Sad I know.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 16 January 2014, 09:34 »

Interesting! Do you know what he actually did? Surely VCDS must have a setting, I notice mine take a good few (5+) mins to actually heat up

Mine are also very quick to activate, and I find setting 2 too hot after a few minutes! Maybe it's my sensitive behind..

Anyway,  had a quick look, maybe check these adaptation channels in your central electrics module. I've noted what mine are set to for you to compare:

(1)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 1 untere Schaltschwelle      21.50 ∞C
(2)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 1 obere Schaltschwelle      22.50 ∞C
(3)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 2 untere Schaltschwelle      21.50 ∞C
(4)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 2 obere Schaltschwelle      22.50 ∞C
(5)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 3 untere Schaltschwelle      35.00 ∞C
(6)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 3 obere Schaltschwelle      36.00 ∞C
(7)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 4 untere Schaltschwelle      35.00 ∞C
(8)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 4 obere Schaltschwelle      36.00 ∞C
(9)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 5 untere Schaltschwelle      52.50 ∞C
(10)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 5 obere Schaltschwelle      53.50 ∞C
(11)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 6 untere Schaltschwelle      52.50 ∞C
(12)-Driver seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 6 obere Schaltschwelle      53.50 ∞C
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline DaveyGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 17 January 2014, 00:08 »
Thanks for that mate, tried it but it did not appear the same then I realised yours is a MK7 mines a MK6 they must have different settings :( I couldn't find that under central electrics module...

Offline Internexus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 12 January 2015, 20:55 »

Sootchucker- I am experiencing the same problem as you, would you be so kind as to ask your master tech friend what parameters need to be altered to remedy this issue? 

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 12 January 2015, 21:15 »
I assume from the list above yours are set to level 8 and seem to warm up well?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Internexus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 12 January 2015, 21:51 »
I assume from the list above yours are set to level 8 and seem to warm up well?

Not sure if you're referring to me or not but my seats take about 5 minutes before you can feel them and only heat to 40*C compared to my girlfriends Golf heating to 53*C.